The Official July 2, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnnytest

MS-4
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else taking it this July 2nd?!

Members don't see this ad.

^lol. Here's my actual prediction, even though it is meaningless/ unhealthy to keep lingering on:

PS: a little bit more lenient of a scale than any of AAMC's, but not by much.

Verbal: -0--> 15, -1-->14, -2-->13, -3--> 12, -4-6--> 11, -7-9-->10

Bio: Probably around AAMC #5

^lol. Here's my actual prediction, even though it is meaningless/ unhealthy to keep lingering on:

36/40 on VR = 11?

I swear if the curve is that strict.

i agree with PS and BS. But, yeah a 36/40 being an 11 makes me wanna shot myself in the foot. lol. Then again, we never know and we never will. Maybe for most mcats 36/40 is indeed an 11.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also need to consider there is good chance it is not out of 40 .... **experimental questions**

also also... a 36/40 was an 11 on AAMC 10

I would be ecstatic if the curve for our MCAT BS was the same as AAMC 5. I did very well on that one. Comments on the apparent ease of the BS section we took made me a bit concerned.

I would be ecstatic if the curve for our MCAT BS was the same as AAMC 5. I did very well on that one. Comments on the apparent ease of the BS section we took made me a bit concerned.
Me too (13) ... we just need to wait and see, speculating won't get us closer to truth. I just don't see bio being drastically different from AAMC scales. I also think some questions looked easier on surface than they actually were. Wonder if others caught same AAMC tricks that I did

Last edited:
Submitted my primary!!!!!!! But, my reaction after submitting. lol.
images

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted my primary!!!!!!! But, my reaction after submitting. lol.
images

haha, submitted mine a few days back as well. certainly scary to submit without a score, but knowing my committee letter won't be ready for another 19 years anyway eases the pain a little.

So I had a dream that I got a 14 on VR. My friend that worked for AAMCAS was sending me picture texts of all my answers.

She works in a salon IRL, and I know I didn't get a 14. xD

Trial section back. Yea, it has to be by time, as I hard got above what one would expect from guessing and got the card. I tried, but never took psychology/sociology so didn't do too well. Hopefully its not reflective of my test performance!:scared:

pleasant surprise, got my amazon gift card for the trial section!

53% correct putting me in the top quarter. considering I knew zero answers I can't complain lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
50% Cannot complain either. I did not read any the passages and just answered the questions. lol

Hi guys,

I took the July 2nd test and I am nervous about how I did. I had trouble with time in the verbal section and I had to guess two questions so I'm trying really hoping I didn't score less than a 9 in that section.

In terms of the trial section I got 59%.

12 more days till we get our scores back.

Good luck to everyone!!!

You answered 38% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the top half as compared to others who received the same Trial Section questions as you.

Mine was via email

75% of the questions answered correctly. Pretty impressive I guess. Probably due to me being a biochem major. Think I got lucky with a lot of my guesses tho.

I think its all by email also.

I have been checking a lot of other MCAT threads and it seems that our test date has the smallest amount of test takers. Anyone else feel special?

75% of the questions answered correctly. Pretty impressive I guess. Probably due to me being a biochem major. Think I got lucky with a lot of my guesses tho.

I think its all by email also.
Oh, some people got biochem sections? I was stuck with random psych / soci crap that I never learned in any of my classes, lol

yeah, I got some random soc/psych stuff also. I guess randomly guessing theories based on if they sounded cool works pretty well for that topic (a tip for you future 2015 MCATers, free of charge ;)).

I did not get an email yet! was it sent in the morning for everyone? Maybe it was not considered that I put a good-faith effort, who knows!!!!

I have been checking a lot of other MCAT threads and it seems that our test date has the smallest amount of test takers. Anyone else feel special?
Lol or maybe some people are too anxious to see how other people did. xD

IMPOSSIBLE, I put effort on the first two passages and randomly guessed on the rest....I was just burned out and kept thinking I voided afterwards...smh
oh i thought you were talking about the survey at the end of the test!

Do some of you guys ever wish you were super super super smart so that you wouldn't have to work as hard lol?

Or better yet, do any of you consider yourselves 'smart'?

I mean, i don't necessarily consider myself a genius but i feel like I have to work for my intelligence if that makes any sense.

pleasant surprise, got my amazon gift card for the trial section!

53% correct putting me in the top quarter. considering I knew zero answers I can't complain lol
I got the exact same score. The psych/soc stuff was very specific...but at least we got some money back.

Do some of you guys ever wish you were super super super smart so that you wouldn't have to work as hard lol?

Or better yet, do any of you consider yourselves 'smart'?

I mean, i don't necessarily consider myself a genius but i feel like I have to work for my intelligence if that makes any sense.
Neither, I just work hard....after seeing that PS section, I just feel the opposite of any term that defines smart, genius, clever, or intelligent :(

Did you guys get your trial score in the morning? I am not of the time difference between us!

I have noticed the same thing. I don't think SDN is representative though. I assume July 2 has same amount of examees as the other summer dates. Additionally, that's why we need to take users' post-exam impressions with grain of salt. There is very likely chance that there is a sampling bias. It is thus very difficult to know how our exam compared to other exams in terms of difficulty.

Hey everyone! I'm guilty of stalking this thread since test day (also a July 2nd-er). I was so relieved that many of you had the same post test feelings as I did.

Physical Science: This is usually my best section (last FL's were 12's), but I am really worried about how I did on the real thing. The first passage was awful and I got a little behind on time with it, but then I ended up catching up and completing everything with a couple minutes remaining. I don't remember any of the questions or passages after the first one, but I am hoping since I caught up on time that I must have found some of the following passages/questions to be "easier". I am really hoping to pull out a 10-12 score to save me, but I really don't know. The SUSPENSE!!!

Verbal: Honestly, I suck at verbal. On FL's, I typically scored somewhere between 8-10 (10's were on good days). I don't remember verbal being too awful, but I also don't remember any specific passages at this point. Once again, really hoping to stay within my average--even though it's a low average.

Biological Science: I am REALLY kicking myself on this one. It was a huge relief when I reached this section because it felt about the same level as some of the previous FL's I have taken, or easier. I took my time and felt pretty good. I had minutes remaining, so I spent a good bit of time on the last set of questions to make sure I got them absolutely correct. Once I clicked "next" to bring me to my final review page, it showed I had like 3 incomplete! WHHAAAT? And of course I had like 10 seconds remaining. I only managed to click back to one of them and just choose an answer. Majorly sucks. How does that even happen?!

My AAMC tests averaged out to a 30, with the last scores very consistent with 30, 31, 30. I walked out of the test center feeling like I blew it. I may get an ulcer before August 5 gets here.

On a positive note (and the only positive thing to say), I got $30 free shopping money today!

Actually

I wanted to go there this summer!!!
akjnljnalfkjnaldjknjkn
F summer school. -.-
It's a great life here. I moved my family from one island to another, bought a house, took my MCAT, and 12 credits, but can't complain. This is home...

Hey everyone! I'm guilty of stalking this thread since test day (also a July 2nd-er). I was so relieved that many of you had the same post test feelings as I did.

Physical Science: This is usually my best section (last FL's were 12's), but I am really worried about how I did on the real thing. The first passage was awful and I got a little behind on time with it, but then I ended up catching up and completing everything with a couple minutes remaining. I don't remember any of the questions or passages after the first one, but I am hoping since I caught up on time that I must have found some of the following passages/questions to be "easier". I am really hoping to pull out a 10-12 score to save me, but I really don't know. The SUSPENSE!!!

Verbal: Honestly, I suck at verbal. On FL's, I typically scored somewhere between 8-10 (10's were on good days). I don't remember verbal being too awful, but I also don't remember any specific passages at this point. Once again, really hoping to stay within my average--even though it's a low average.

Biological Science: I am REALLY kicking myself on this one. It was a huge relief when I reached this section because it felt about the same level as some of the previous FL's I have taken, or easier. I took my time and felt pretty good. I had minutes remaining, so I spent a good bit of time on the last set of questions to make sure I got them absolutely correct. Once I clicked "next" to bring me to my final review page, it showed I had like 3 incomplete! WHHAAAT? And of course I had like 10 seconds remaining. I only managed to click back to one of them and just choose an answer. Majorly sucks. How does that even happen?!

My AAMC tests averaged out to a 30, with the last scores very consistent with 30, 31, 30. I walked out of the test center feeling like I blew it. I may get an ulcer before August 5 gets here.

On a positive note (and the only positive thing to say), I got $30 free shopping money today!
Yeah the first passage was the only one a little head-scratching.. and even then, I only found 2 of the questions on that section challenging (I took educated guess on 2). Other than that, I made some really stupid mistakes on the easier sections. With all the waiting, one really lingers on the mistakes he/she makes.. even if it is only for few questions. Hopefully everything turns out OK.

Shh pathway as in the pathway that decides left and right side of ur body? Heghog pathway?