****The Official Midwestern Illinois Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

In-State or Out-of-State

• Total voters
first rejection! Good bye

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
13 batch, called tody for tomorrow interview. I freaked out so i canceled it. She said will email me for another day.

bangity, are you from the Illinois area? I'm just curious because I was 13th batch as well and I have not heard anything. I'm from Oklahoma.

I got the email today, scheduled my interview for Nov 8 :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea what batch I'm in. My stuff was sent out on 08/17/2012. But the last 2 letters were sent on 09/14/2012.

Interview Nov 1st from OOS!

Last edited:
Hi bc, I'm also interviewing Nov 1st. I haven't taken a look at hotels in the area yet but let me know if you find something good.

I'm staying at the Westin on the 31st! Happy Halloween...

I received an interview, I am oos and DAT AA 18. I have my interview Nov. 8.

Wow, amazing post! I feel so excited all of sudden. Thank you very, very much!
Thank you so much for your post, it really helped me calm down I am very nervous:( this was great information. Thankx again

Did my interview last week. Think it went well! For those of you going into it, honestly there is no real way to prepare. Just be yourself, be thorough and clear with your answers, and be open minded to their follow up questions about your answer to the initial topic.

Did my interview last week. Think it went well! For those of you going into it, honestly there is no real way to prepare. Just be yourself, be thorough and clear with your answers, and be open minded to their follow up questions about your answer to the initial topic.
were there alot of random questions?

Last edited:
All of them were random questions, most not even related to dentistry like happycamper2 said there is really no way to prepare just be yourself.

All of them were random questions, most not even related to dentistry like happycamper2 said there is really no way to prepare just be yourself.

Yeah honestly all of my questions had NOTHING to do with dentistry, my application, why I want to be a dentist, or why I even would like to attend MWU-Il. Just back up your answers with examples, that helps a lot. I think they're just trying to see how you do in stressful and new situations and how well you justify your answers....

Just came back from IL. I think it was great. The school and facility is brand new, sim lab is big and spacious, and wet lab has tons of grinding stones ha ha. Everyone is friendly too!

This year they have 6 interviewers and 2 break rooms. 8 people will rotate around the 8 rooms. You have 1 minute to read the question and 7 minutes to answer. It's nice to have two break rooms to catch some breath :))

There's really no way to prepare for this interview. None of the question in here or in Feedback section showed up. Just have to be yourself! Good luck everyone!

The interview was not bad at all. it was very chill. The staff were nice as well.
The questions were beyond random--- but just be urself and you will be fine. if anyone wants anymore info feel free to message me.

good luck everyone :thumbup::clap:

anybody else's aadsas staus today change to the dec 3rd message?

Same here! Hope it is a good sign!

Same here.. I hope it's not a bad sign because many people are saying that they have received rejections after the message changed to check back on 3rd.. I am horrified!!

Offer made on mobile portal!!

Anybody check their status on the aadsas mobile website? My decision changed to offer made, but on the regular aadsas site it says check back dec. 3. Anyone who already interviewed should check the aadsas mobile site and see what it says.

https://portal.aadsasweb.org/sessions/new

Here are the Class of 2015 stats based on the latest official guide to dental schools:

Class size: 125
Out of nearly 2000 applicants, about 400 got interviews.
About 80 whites enrolled and ~40 asians.
No stats were available on in state or out of state.

DAT
AA: 13-23 Mean:19
PAT: 14-28 Mean 20
TS: 13-23 Mean: 18

GPA: 2.83-4.00 Mean 3.31
sGPA: 2.93-4.05 Mean 3.41

Anybody has the stats for the Class of 2016? and how many offers did they make? Thank you... :)
I will have an interview in Jan 13. Any trips and advice for the interview? It is hard to prepare based on their interview style... :( Thanks in advance.

Offer made on the mobile site! Lets see what we have on Monday

Does anyone know how we will be contacted if we are accepted? I remember them mentioning at the interview that it was unlikely that they will call, but will they just update AADSAS or update AADSAS and email?

Does anyone know how we will be contacted if we are accepted? I remember them mentioning at the interview that it was unlikely that they will call, but will they just update AADSAS or update AADSAS and email?

Our group was told email, no phone calls.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

Our group was told email, no phone calls.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

Thank you! Now I will be refreshing my email every 5 seconds tomorrow morning! Good-luck to everyone!

Mine just says "decision" on aadsas mobile ...

Mine just changed to "offer made" on AADSAS so I'm hoping for a call soon!!

Just received the email and status changed to offer made!!!!

offer made officially now on aadsas and acceptance email!

Just got the acceptance email and offer made on AADSAS!!! Future DMD's stand up!!!

Got the email too! Now I need money for the deposit :/

Congrats everyone!!!!!!!:love:

cant wait till i meet everyone:thumbup::):D

Last edited:
Acceptance email around 8:00 this AM... Very happy! :)

oGPA - 3.41 sGPA - 3.31
AA - 19 PAT - 21 RC - 23

Working on Masters at MWU in Downers Grove, IL (ask me about it if you're worried about acceptance!!)