The Official Personal Statement Reader List 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, stop sending me statements. I've received 4 more today after my post this morning. I will not be reading any more statements than I currently have. Don't bother mailing me unless I've already edited for you and you're looking for further help because you won't be getting a response of any kind. 3 cease-and-desists is plenty.

edit: 3 minutes ago I received another personal statement email. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone willing to look over my personal statement tonight? Because this list is definitely not working. I think everyone is just busy, which I understand.

If someone can look over mine too, I'm having a hard time finding somone to look over mine...Thanks

As some general advice to all applicants:

You will probably find more success if you PM individual users on the list rather than posting a response to this thread. Look through the lists and the descriptions of each volunteer, and find a few whose strengths are best suited to your needs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to be marked "temporarily unavailable." I'm trying my best over here, but I'm swamped.

I would like to be marked "temporarily unavailable." I'm trying my best over here, but I'm swamped.
Done.

Ditto that. I just can't keep up with the deluge.
Milkman, your name was removed from the list earlier today and you should not be receiving any more requests. If you do receive any more requests, please let me know.

I'd like to volunteer as a reader. I'll be starting as an M1 in an MD/PhD program this fall. I've won writing awards in the past and I was complimented many times on my PS and other application essays. I can help with style, continuity, intros, content and grammar. I'm kind of harsh, so be prepared!

Attention Readers/Volunteers,

For your protection we are no longer allowing email addresses to be posted in this thread. All email addresses previously on the official list have been removed, and any further posts containing email addresses will be edited to remove them. Those seeking PS help will contact you via PM and you can exchange email addresses privately. Thank you again for your willingness to help and for your compliance in this manner.

You know what would be nice? Is if you are a reader, that you would respond to PMs asking if you are available/willing or not. Even just a simple 'yes' or 'no' so as to not let the writers hanging.

I'll volunteer to be a reader as well. M1 in MD/PhD program in the fall. Worked as a writing tutor for 3 years at my university's writing workshop. I'll be harsh!

Members don't see this ad :)
You know what would be nice? Is if you are a reader, that you would respond to PMs asking if you are available/willing or not. Even just a simple 'yes' or 'no' so as to not let the writers hanging.

Thank you for pointing this out. Readers, if you will take more than a few days to provide feedback, please let the writers know this via PM. Also, if you receive requests that you will be unable to help with, please let the writers now as well.

I'll volunteer to be a reader as well. M1 in MD/PhD program in the fall. Worked as a writing tutor at my university's writing workshop. I'll be harsh!

Thanks for volunteering your time. Your name has been added to the list.

hm, anyone heard back from SStorm? I haven't been able to get SStorm to get back to me.

Please mark me temporarily unavailable as is in my post.

I am currently available to read PSs again so please take me off the temporarily unavailable list.

hi!! can i be marked unavailable as well...im SO sorry i thought id have MUCH more free time at work but i have a new lab member that i must train in FULL before i leave for med school on june 30 (then i will be in germany jul1-11 and then start orientation on july 14!!!!)

sorry!!! i also recently moved and with my new full work training schedule and very long commute i just havent been able to respond to people/devote my time to helping you guys like i had really hoped to in the beginning...

im SO sorry if i havent responded or for misleading you guys..best of :luck::luck::luck::luck: but ill need to be taken off the list =(

hm, anyone heard back from SStorm? I haven't been able to get SStorm to get back to me.
SStorm is currently on the "Temporarily Unavailable List." He says, "I'm backed up like crazy right now. Please only consider me as a last resort until the next notice."
Please mark me temporarily unavailable as is in my post.
I'm so sorry I missed that, DoctorDreamer. I have moved your name to the TU list.
I am currently available to read PSs again so please take me off the temporarily unavailable list.
Done. Thanks for your help!

i bet the readers are swamped right now.

anyone want to trade with me? I think an exchange is pretty fair. I'm pretty decent at critiquing and will spend a good deal of time on each PS.

Im having trouble finding someone to edit my personal statement...if anyone wants to swap statements or just help me out...please pm me. thank you.

I can do it...Im starting med school in the fall. PM me if you want me to take a look at it.

I can help read/edit personal statements. I mostly can help on content, but I am also good with grammar. I got very positive feedback on my personal statement from the profs who read mine and my interviewers. I applied this cycle, and I will be attending med school in the fall. Feel free to pm me with your statements!

i can give you some feedback...i'm applying right now but am done my personal statement and am happy with it..ive also read about a half a dozen of my friends' so i feel like i have a sense of what it "should" sound like

would anyone care to look over mine as well? It's really rough right now... I need some feedback bad. My app is complete other than this - but this part is stressing me out 10X more than any other component....

I would really appreciate it

Edit: OP, I would be willing to swap with you as well!

would anyone care to look over mine as well? It's really rough right now... I need some feedback bad. My app is complete other than this - but this part is stressing me out 10X more than any other component....

I would really appreciate it

Edit: OP, I would be willing to swap with you as well!

I'm willing to read it, just PM it to me. A little about me: I'm going to med school this coming fall and applied this past cycle. I got positive feed back on my own ps from profs and interviewers.

Hi everyone,

I'm willing to read personal statements. I applied this cycle and will be going to med school this fall. I'm good at reading for content. I received positive feedback for my own ps from profs and interviewers. Look forward to hearing from you guys. Just pm with your ps.

I am also willing to look over personal statements. I wrote my bro and sis med school ps and both residency ps too. I used to be an English major and wrote ps for their friends going into residency as well. PM me.

There is a thread on SDN that lists all the SDN members who are volunteering to read personal statements. That's a good place to go if you're looking for readers.

Here's the link

There is a thread on SDN that lists all the SDN members who are volunteering to read personal statements. That's a good place to go if you're looking for readers.

Here's the link

Once again, thank you.

Dear active mods, please move this thread to where it belongs. Thanks!

Im having trouble finding someone to edit my personal statement...if anyone wants to swap statements or just help me out...please pm me. thank you.

Have you tried your school's writing services office (not exactly what it is called). Usually colleges have an office students can go to for in depth feedback on an essay they have written. I would try that place first before I trust anyone on this site!

Best of luck to ya!!!

I can help read/edit personal statements. I mostly can help on content, but I am also good with grammar. I got very positive feedback on my personal statement from the profs who read mine and my interviewers. I applied this cycle, and I will be attending med school in the fall. Feel free to pm me with your statements!
I am also willing to look over personal statements. I wrote my bro and sis med school ps and both residency ps too. I used to be an English major and wrote ps for their friends going into residency as well. PM me.
Added to the list. Thanks!
Please mark me as temporarily unavailable.
Done.

:)

Last edited:
Please mark me as unavailable for the time being. Thank you!

I'm up for reading some personal statements...I just submitted AMCAS and was pretty happy with my personal statement, plus everyone who read it (including a few ppl on here) had a lot of positive comments... now im not doing a whole lot until secondaries come out :)

Please mark me as unavailable for the time being. Thank you!

I'm up for reading some personal statements...I just submitted AMCAS and was pretty happy with my personal statement, plus everyone who read it (including a few ppl on here) had a lot of positive comments... now im not doing a whole lot until secondaries come out :)

Done and done. Thanks for all of your hard work!

Just a note to everyone who sent me their PS: I'm working on them. I expect to be done with them by this Friday so they should be rolling back to you all by then. :)

hey i wanted see if anyone would be interested in looking at my ps...ive pm'ed some people but reply has been a bit slow.....any help?

Please remove my inactive status / list me among the proofreader living, if you would. Also, please add that I'm really interested in only those PSs which disembark from convention, are particularly creative, or take risks to some extent.

Thanks much!

Please remove my inactive status / list me among the proofreader living, if you would. Also, please add that I'm really interested in only those PSs which disembark from convention, are particularly creative, or take risks to some extent.

Thanks much!

Sure thing! Nice to have you "back from the dead!"

I'm having trouble emphasizing the reasons why I want to be a doctor, as in M.D., over a psychologist. Some of the people that have read my essay say that my intentions for medicine are solid. But, I should be cautious, because I may be questioned as to why I'm not taking the path towards psychology instead (based on my essay's theme). Any ideas?

I'm having trouble emphasizing the reasons why I want to be a doctor, as in M.D., over a psychologist. Some of the people that have read my essay say that my intentions for medicine are solid. But, I should be cautious, because I may be questioned as to why I'm not taking the path towards psychology instead (based on my essay's theme). Any ideas?

I apologize if I put this comment in the wrong thread. I wasn't really sure where to put it.

Please delete me, tigercu, from the readers list.

Can you put me on the unavailable list?

For those of you I have contacted I will try to get to your PS's as soon as possible. If you have ALREADY sent me a PM and I don't respond in the next two days, assume that I do not have enough time to get to you. Thanks!

Can you put me on the unavailable list?

For those of you I have contacted I will try to get to your PS's as soon as possible. If you have ALREADY sent me a PM and I don't respond in the next two days, assume that I do not have enough time to get to you. Thanks!

Done. Thanks for all of your help!

I know this is a dumb question, but how do I attach a word document when I private message someone? As you can tell I am not computer savvy!

Status
Not open for further replies.