The Official September 18, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

litokhmaikid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where the rest of my September 18th homies at :laugh:? I just started Sn2ed's 4 month schedule (customized with some extra Kaplan material).

Members don't see this ad.

Just waitin for that score release...
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone is this thread holding onto a seat? in the december/january range? preferably in the new england area? wasn't able to get a seat in my area after taking the sept 18th mcat

Members don't see this ad :)
as the time ticks closer i just want to wish all my fellow sept. 18 mcat-ers good luck tmrw may we all get the grades we need, want, and deserve and never have to see this test again. Good luck to everyone

Reactions: 10 users
woke up super early today. Not a good idea...since every hour i feel like i am going to get 1 point lower :(
Same... I wish I could take the day off from work. But hopefully being at work will help pass some time before scores are released. I also have a doctors appointment after work so idk when I'll be able to check it :(

What time are we thinking of scores release though? 3pm-ish? Or closer to 5?

Same... I wish I could take the day off from work. But hopefully being at work will help pass some time before scores are released. I also have a doctors appointment after work so idk when I'll be able to check it :(

What time are we thinking of scores release though? 3pm-ish? Or closer to 5?

For the Sept 10/12 mcat, the AAMC tweet is from 12:13 pm. So hopefully around then would be nice. Lunch and mcat scores. What a combo.

yep, you are correct actually. cauz the first person to post on sept 10 forum that scores were released, was 3:18 pm so, the aamc tweets are in pacific time. so ye 3pm would be a good estimate. my bad.

wish I could sleep in and wake up and see my result but ive got class and volunteering from noon-3ish know i wont be able to resist opening it up during my volunteering, hope its not a devastating result :'(

Reactions: 1 user
wish I could sleep in and wake up and see my result but ive got class and volunteering from noon-3ish know i wont be able to resist opening it up during my volunteering, hope its not a devastating result :'(
I am in the same boat as you. Shadowing all day today but I don't want to look at my score while shadowing. I may burst out laughing or crying. One or the other.

^Ditto. These last few hours are cruel and unusual punishment.

Literally going to burst into tears at any moment (not really... but maybe lol). I can't believe how important this one test is going to be for the next few years of my life (at the very least) since I am in kind of an unusual situation. Really hoping for the best. For all of us. May the curve be ever in our favor.

Reactions: 2 users
I think it's better to be busy today. I was at home going nuts. Had to leave and go to the gym even though it was supposed to be my off day

Does anyone else think that the reason for all of the variation in test score release times is purely psychological? There is no reason they could not have them all released at the same exact time every time. Even the 30 day wait seems engineered to provoke a psychological reaction. Just my thoughts

Reactions: 5 users
So I looked at some older tweets, and they usually say by 5pm. Maybe it will still be released before 5? Idk why they would give such a strict time when they've never been this strict before!!
I was just about to say the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they released it around 3:30 anyway

I'm pretty sure AAMC always says scores will be up at 5pm EST but they are actually posted around 3:10pm! The obsessive refreshing begins now.

Not sure if someone already posted this.. but here you go. (You know it's real when this template gets posted). Remember everyone, this is a number and NOT the end of the road. Good luck.

Test Date:
Time:
FL AAMC Average:
Post-test expected score: (PS/V/BS)
Actual Score: (PS/V/BS)

This does not feel like real life right now. I feel like I am going to wake up and the release date will be another three weeks away. This isn't happening.

Sent from The World Tree using SDN Mobile