The Official September 4, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Asiandoodle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone taking on september 4th?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
3:03 pm! Almost there!

Don't forget to use the template:

Test Date: 09/04/14
Time:
FL AAMC Average:
AAMC 10-11 Avg.:
Post-test expected score:
Actual Score (PS/V/BS):

I'll either be Homer-happy.jpg or images.jpeg after seeing my scores.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, First off good luck on receiving your scores today! I am looking to register for any of the Jan spots, if anyone is dropping their spot please let me know anywhere around Virginia or Illinois.:);):( Thank you in advance and good luck again. :nod::happy:

Reactions: 1 user
if anyone is releasing a test date in JAN on the east coast (NY,NJ,Penn,Conn - basically anywhere in the area) - I'll even go south if possible -- Just please please PM, I will give you my first child. I am desperately waiting for one & Congrats to everyone !!

if anyone is releasing a test date in Jan on WEST COAST, please PM me. would really appreciate it.

34! PS: 14, VR: 9, BS: 11

This was a retake from Jan 2014 exam where I got a 27 (PS: 10, VR:8, BS: 9). Really happy about my score but I took the whole summer off to study and verbal only improved by 1 point lol..

Should I be worried that my verbal is not 10+?

Time: 8:00 AM
FL AAMC Average: (AAMC 3 = 21, AAMC 4 = 19, AAMC 5 = 20, AAMC 7 = 23, AAMC 8 = 21, AAMC 9 = 26 , AAMC 10 = 22, AAMC 11 = 23)

AVERAGE ----> 21.875 (just calculated it right now)
Post-test expected score: 22
Actual Score (PS/V/BS):
!!!! 27 !!!!

WOW.

PS= 8, V = 9, and BS= 10

I know that this may not be a great score on SDN but I AM STOKED. I am evidence that you definitely CAN do better no matter what your circumstances are. I was screwing up so bad on these AAMCs I only DREAMT of getting a 27. I am so happy right now. I am in tears as I type this. Thank you guys so much for evrything. all the advice. I am so happy.wow

Edit: I went back and looked at my practice exam scores and fixed them. Now that I have time to relfect on my score, I am honestly very grateful to say that I was lucky. The one thing that did help me however was taking a whole week off before the exam. Did not study or read anything MCAT-related because honestly, I WOULDN"T HAVE LEARNED ANYTHING NEW that I didn't learn or read in the three months I had been studying. This was a miracle and I must say that God was watching over me.

Also, i wanted to add that I was so focused during the real exam that I did not freak out at all. I took my time with each question. If i did not know it, I marked it, I put down an answer that I thought was right and moved on. That's it. Just be confident. Thank you guys for everything. I wish you all great fortune in your future endeavors!

I thought I absolutely bombed physics (like a 6 or 7) and thought I did really well on verbal (was hoping for a 10-11) but I am really happy with my score. I thought I would only get an 8 on bio but luckily, I went back and changed 5 of my answers when I had time left. I honestly was in the zone and I can't believe it. wow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats you guys! If ANYONE is planning on dropping a Jan test date (preferably on the East Coast) but really anywhere in the States, please PM or post!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone dropping their Jan exam spot please PM me. GOOD LUCK and PLEASE PLEASE PM ME! Thanks. VIRGINIA OR CHICAGO AREA! OR ANY WHERE IN THE STATES

FL AAMC Average: Probably 35-37
Post-test expected score: 35-39
Actual Score (PS/V/BS):
12/9/12 (33)

This was a retake from last year, which I got a 31 (13/8/10). I feel okay about the score but I was honestly hoping for a 35-39 as I thought the verbal section was easier than I thought. Oh well should be good enough for the Canadian schools I plan to apply to.

FL AAMC Average: (AAMC 3 = 21, AAMC 4 = 23, AAMC 5 = 23, AAMC 7 = 24, AAMC 8 = 26, AAMC 9 = 23 , AAMC 10 = 22, AAMC 11 = 23)
Actual Score (PS/V/BS):
!!!! 27 !!!!

PS= 8, V = 9, and BS= 10

I know that this may not be a great score on SDN but I AM STOKED. I am evidence that you definitely CAN do better no matter what your circumstances are. I was screwing up so bad on these AAMCs I only DREAMT of getting a 27. I am so happy right now. I am in tears as I type this. Thank you guys so much for evrything. all the advice. I am so happy.wow

You are gonna make me cry! I am so happy that you ended up with a score that you wanted. Good luck!

Blahh did not get a score I wanted for MD. After taking it for the third time, I am done taking the MCAT for at least another few years if I have to ever take it again. I may start looking at DO schools and find a passion for that. I write this to let anyone know NOT TO GIVE UP. If medicine is your dream, do not let this test stop you.
I hope the rest of you got what you wanted :)

Anyone dropping their Jan exam spot please PM me. GOOD LUCK and PLEASE PLEASE PM ME! Thanks. VIRGINIA OR CHICAGO AREA! OR ANYWHERE IN US! :eek:;)

ANYONE DROPPING THE JAN TEST PLEASE PM! preferably West COAST!!! WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THE PM!!!!

FL AAMC Average: 34
FL AAMC Average #9-11: 36
Post-test expected score: 29-34
Actual Score (PS/V/BS):
13/11/12 (36) :highfive::soexcited::clap:

I am so beyond happy right now. I have a ton of work this week and this is the motivation I needed to get it done.

Even though there aren't too many people left taking the old exam I will post in the 30+ thread this weekend.

Last edited:
If anyone is planning to drop a test please pm :) west coast preferably, but willing to fly to other parts if I have to as I need to take Jan 2015. All the best you guys!

just want to tell all those reteaking to never lose faith in your dreams! and know that you can conquer this exam,

I am an immigrant, i had to learn English when i was in high school. After i took the MCAT on sep 4th, i cried in the public bathroom because i thought i failed so hard. i was expecting a 20, i started looking at DO schools, and MCAT retakes, but i also knew i wouldnt give up the dream.

i got a 33, with 10 on verbal. if i can do this, you can as well!

Good luck future doctors!

This was a retake from Jan 2014 exam where I got a 27 (PS: 10, VR:8, BS: 9). Really happy about my score but I took the whole summer off to study and verbal only improved by 1 point lol..

Same here! My verbal only improved one point after 3 months of study :/

Time: 8am
FL AAMC Average: 31
Post-test expected score: 27-31
Actual Score (PS/V/BS):
27 (PS-6/V-11/BS-10)

Not sure wtf happened on my PS...my pre-test avg was an 10.5 on that section...never got below an 8.

I'm from SC, am a military vet, and am a minority...do I apply to my state schools? and if i get accepted and retake the MCAT can I defer an offer and apply again next year? Feel like my PS was a fluke and can improve it in 6 weeks easily.

Reactions: 1 users
Test Date: 9/4/14
FL AAMC Average: 28
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 28
Post-test expected score: 29
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 30 (10/9/11)
Comments:
I'm retaking it in January (already scheduled). This was a retake from a 24 (yay!), but I want a 34 at least. Good luck to everyone else!

FL AAMC Average: 26-33
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 30
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 7/12/9 = 28

If I wasn't being brutally critical on myself, this is exactly how I expected my score to look. I knew I was getting slammed on every single physics thing I skimmed over instead of my strengths, and I thought the verbal section was really easy. I'm only applying to DO schools, so I'm fairly confident that this should be sufficient and I don't plan on retaking. Actually let me re-emphasize: I am extremely happy to not be retaking the test. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Who wants to go to Guam with me in January? I hear that it is lovely there that time of the year. :) Seriously, I was under the assumption that few seats will open up but instead it seems like whatever US sites were left got scooped up after the scores came out this afternoon.

No! As long as you are not below an 8, you should be fine. Congrats!

I'm in for a Guam roadie!

FL AAMC Average: 24-27
Post-test expected score: 28
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 11/6/11 = 28

Super bummed out my applications are void now :(. Gonna study verbal until my eyes bleed now.

Knew I should have signed up for a January spot last week. It's booked solid now!
If anyone is dropping a spot in central Canada or ND PM me pleeeease!!

Last edited:
I'm in for a Guam roadie!

FL AAMC Average: 24-27
Post-test expected score: 28
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 11/6/11 = 28

Super bummed out my applications are void now :(. Gonna study verbal until my eyes bleed now.

Knew I should have signed up for a January spot last week. It's booked solid now!
If anyone is dropping a spot in central Canada or ND PM me pleeeease!!
Ouch, you have good scores, but that verbal is bad. You probably just need to stop second guessing yourself. I went from a 7 to a 9 on verbal that way, and english is my second language.

I am really scared there won't be any openings after seeing the amount of states that are all gone after the scores came out. Idk what to do right about now. I am tired of seeing guam on my computer screen tho. :sick:

anyone still gonna release a Jan seat? Please please PM me when you do!! would really appreciate it.

FL AAMC Average: 27-32
Post-test expected score: 28-30
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 10/10/11 = 31

First time I took on 4/24/14 I got a 11/7/10. I felt worthless. I was reluctant to retake. Second time studying I used same material (EK) and retook AAMC practice tests again. All my scores were super inflated. I was super burnt out 2 weeks before my retake, so I completely stopped studying and started working out everyday. Thats right, I didn't study at all for two weeks leading up to my test. On test day I felt destroyed by PS, good with VR and BS. I honestly felt like my score would be worse. I ended up with a 31. If I can get any advice would be 1) don't let this test become your life and 2) NEVER GIVE UP

FL AAMC Average: 37-40
Post-test expected score: 35+
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 11/7/11 = 29

I've sent AAMC a letter for a rescore regarding my low test score.
I honestly felt that I aced the exam after studying nonstop for 2 months (no other commitments) and I'd say close to 90% of the questions I was very confident about.

Congrats to everyone who did well.

FL AAMC Average: 37-40
Post-test expected score: 35+
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 11/7/11 = 29

I've sent AAMC a letter for a rescore regarding my low test score.
I honestly felt that I aced the exam after studying nonstop for 2 months (no other commitments) and I'd say close to 90% of the questions I was very confident about.

Congrats to everyone who did well.

Thats how I felt the first time too. My average wasn't as high as yours, but I would tell you to retake ASAP

FL AAMC Average: 34
FL AAMC Average #9-11: 36
Post-test expected score: 29-34
Actual Score (PS/V/BS):
13/11/12 (36) :highfive::soexcited::clap:

I am so beyond happy right now. I have a ton of work this week and this is the motivation I needed to get it done.

Even though there aren't too many people left taking the old exam I will post in the 30+ thread this weekend.

Shout out to BrothaX! Good job to everyone else as well! For all of those who conquered this beast, good job you never have to do it again. But to all others, don't lose hope! It may seem daunting and even downright impossible, but realize you can do it with time, dedication, and hardwork!

If anyone is cancelling their seat in the west coast area or anywhere in US, please PM me. I will most definitely be retaking :(

If anyone is cancelling their seat in the west coast area or anywhere in US, please PM me. I will most definitely be retaking :(

I know my score is not that great to give advice but I was working full time with odd hours @_@ soooo...I study when I get home mentally and physically exhausted. I know I can do better but I can't afford to solely focus on studying unlike most people but it's okay. blah!

Anyway, don't give up! I did 25% Content Review and 75% Practice problems. I used Kaplan/EK1001/Princeton for practice problems. I usually do 2-3 passages or 20 independent questions on my spare/free time (which is about ~30-45 minutes) This is just additional to full blown review of 4-5 hours for AAMC tests and in-depth review/studying.

I really think focusing more your energy to practicing problems is very beneficial. You get a feel of the question and what kind of answer you're looking for. This strategy makes you answer quicker and have some time left to breath and check answers in the end.

Anyone dropping their Jan spot in Ontario, please let me know! PM me please..I would be forever grateful!!!