***The Official SIU - School of Dental Medicine Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I interviewed in September and have not heard anything back yet. I interviewed as an OOS but felt very confident.
Have you called the school and inquired?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeeees I emailed and asked for an update and received something along the lines of "we are still processing information" yada yada yada

Haha I’ve gotten the same response as well, been calling since Dec 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
@YungMolar from 2017 they interviewed 6 oos and accepted 3 out of 254 applicants. Although none of them enrolled that's impressive on your side. Keep your head up

@YungMolar from 2017 they interviewed 6 oos and accepted 3 out of 254 applicants. Although none of them enrolled that's impressive on your side. Keep your head up
word. I am not super upset because I have other acceptances, but would consider taking the hit on a deposit and going here if I got the call up.

Reactions: 1 users
when was your interview? did you get accepted through an email?
I interviewed Sept 25, and they sent me an email. I called them a week before my acceptance and asked if they were still reviewing my app and they said yes-and then I sent a letter of interest and they added that to my file. And it's all rolling admissions so maybe if you interviewed soon after me you might hear something soon?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed Oct 26. I got my acceptance letter April 5. I am in!!

Was accepted last week (not waitlisted, interviewed October 2ish) and have turned my seat down! Hopefully someone deserving gets it!

To anyone who was not accepted immediately in december: What did you do to get accepted off the "waitlist"?
Thanks!

Hi everyone, for those who got interviewed and/or accepted, I'm applying this cycle and was hoping you would share your stats with me!

hey..do you have any advice for the interview?? thanks
They ask basic questions like why siu and why dentistry, 3 interviewes, one on one each, each one asks 3 questions I believe. Faculty are outgoing so it won’t be awkward with any of them. Best of luck

Hello!!! Anyone in this group from Chicago hear from SIU on December 1st? Because my status just changed to check back on December 3rd (which is the day they're handing out acceptances this year) and i'm from Chicago.

Hello!!! Anyone in this group from Chicago hear from SIU on December 1st? Because my status just changed to check back on December 3rd (which is the day they're handing out acceptances this year) and i'm from Chicago.
Don’t want to give you false hope, but almost, if not everyone who got back “check back on December 1st” last year got accepted on here. Just saying, good luck.

so are the lectures 8am-5pm and the professors do lectures through powerpoint? Can someone elaborate on the teaching style please

Status
Not open for further replies.