The Official Touro Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if this is their intent, they might as well publicly reveal their scholarship offer, citing high DAT scores as the criteria. the approach of messaging people on an internet forum whose post history contains high DAT score makes no sense, especially when those people didnt even apply. are they surprised that they got their offer rejected? if they made the scholarship public, then it would attract high caliber students on its own who would actually accept it

That's an unrealistic approach and you know it. An application is looked at holistically and no school can provide a scholarship for just one area of the applicant. I know this is well known but a few years ago, a number of Touro faculty, including an admissions director were indicted for falsifying transcripts and changing grades in exchange for payment back in 2007.

Link: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/nyregion/18mbrfs-TOURO.html?_r=0

I'm not saying there is a correlation to that situation and now but you have to consider that it is certainly a possibility someone from Touro created an SDN account to reach out to a strong applicant to help the start up of a brand new school.

Members don't see this ad.

There needs to be a season of Serial based on this thread / situation

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
If I were to tag the account that PM'd me (which doesn't even have Touro in its name, it's clearly an individual account that was made to contact me)

@FeralisExtremum so you were messaged by a mysterious account that didnt even have touro in its name that claimed to be touro? and it asked for your phone number without mentioning why or that it was a scholarship opportunity?? and then you give them your personal phone number and wait for them to call you??? why the hell wouldnt you call touro first to ask about it?! LOL book smart knowledge to answer DAT questions. lack of street smart knowledge to protect personal info

Members don't see this ad :)
Could the individuals who wish to debate this whole scholarship topic create another thread for it? I'm subscribed to this thread and my phone is getting a ridiculous amount of notifications that are not relevant to the application process.

Reactions: 3 users
I've been hiding since December from SDN and a friend told me about this. I just want to thank you all for the 7 or 8 pages of hilarious posts. Felt like a movie with plot twists and climax and an ending that still has me thinking and wondering what to believe.

But in all seriousness You are all future caregivers and professionals. That is not how we conduct ourselves. its petty to lie about a scholarship and its also petty to go out of your way to prove someone lied.

Reactions: 2 users
I've been hiding since December from SDN and a friend told me about this. I just want to thank you all for the 7 or 8 pages of hilarious posts. Felt like a movie with plot twists and climax and an ending that still has me thinking and wondering what to believe.

But in all seriousness You are all future caregivers and professionals. That is not how we conduct ourselves. its petty to lie about a scholarship and its also petty to go out of your way to prove someone lied.

Welcome to SDN Dental forums, where you will find news, updates, educational material, and entertainment.

:welcome:

Reactions: 1 user
I apologize to you for my comment. I take it back. One thing i need you to know i am not mad of anything. I just don't like scam people. The reasons for me to made that comment because.
First -I didn't know about that website.
Second- there are scams in SDN
Third -I just wonder what happen in 7 years because you just got accepted this year.
Four- in one of your comments you said "SDN first, then I spoke to them over the phone. There were quite a few contingencies with the offer (that my criminal background check would be clean, that my GPA and DAT verified, to skip the interview verification of at least 3 other acceptances, etc.)." I don't know which are the 3 schools you were mention, but i knew that you went to interviewed at columbia dental school.
However there is prove for your score. Sorry
Your grammar sucks

image.jpeg

Selling popcorn for those came to read the comments~~~

Reactions: 6 users
This thread has gone off topic too much, and too many posts have been reported from this thread. I am closing this thread.

A new thread may be made for Touro but it will be monitored for unprofessional behavior and personal attacks.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.