****The Official University of Tennessee Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Got the call from Dr. Covington earlier this morning! They'll be sending out all the acceptance info in the mail some time this week. Congrats everyone!

One of the best phone calls you will ever receive...

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year, I got my call on Dec.1 around 2pm....

I had my interview last Friday, December 2, and received my call from Dr. Covington on Wednesday, December 7 around 2:00 PM. What a quick response, congratulations everyone!

are you guys in or out of state applicants?

I got acceptance Dec1 as an OOS'er. Unfortunately, I think I will be going with my state school in TX. I really loved the campus and the faculty even moreso. Everyone was EXTREMELY nice, especially Dr. Covington, but in the end, price matters...I wish all of you at UTennessee Dental School best of luck! :thumbup:

SOCR1216, what are your stats look like? I am an OOS'er and i haven't hear anything back from them :(

See my pre-dents. I am currently a masters student and will have a MS in Biology by the time dental school starts. I remember them saying they only offer ~10 spots to out-of-state students, and at my interview, about 4-5 of the 8 interviewed were out-of-state. So I wouldn't hold my breath for too long if I were you. Did you interview/get accepted anywhere else?

4 interviews. Got accepted to Midwestern in illinois. Still waiting on three.

Please turn down UT offer as soon as you made your decision! That spot could be for me :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted and received my phone call around 8:30 a.m. on Dec. 1st! UT, so they said, is offering 96 seats in the class. About 30 of these seats will go to Arkansas applicants since Arkansas does not have a dental school.

96? We have 86 in our class and the last I heard was that the enrollment for future classes would have to remain below 90 due to space limitations in lab. However, maybe they have made some provisions to accomodate such a number. Thanks for the post.

Do any current UT students have any advice for an out of stater who loved the facilities students and faculty and is torn between cheaper in state school and UT?

I do believe that the majority of SDNers would advise you to to attend the cheapest school. It just depends on the extent of the financial disparity. I know of some students in my class that were accepted by their state school and withdrew to attend UT.

Congratulations to all of you. I have an interview coming up in late January. This is the school I want to attend as I live close. I'm an Arkansas resident. How was the interview with them? Any tips and/or advice for the interview would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations to all of you. I have an interview coming up in late January. This is the school I want to attend as I live close. I'm an Arkansas resident. How was the interview with them? Any tips and/or advice for the interview would be greatly appreciated.

I interview there this cycle. Three members of the admissions board were there and it seemed like the point of the whole thing was to just make sure that I was a normal, well-adjusted person who could get though a 15 minute conversation without presenting any obvious reasons why I would be a bad choice. That's it. No questions about motives, explanations of academic record, nothing that made me the least bit anxious. I felt like they were just trying to get a feel for me and whether they would mind dealing with me for the next four years.

Is there a facebook group page for the class of 2016?

Got my acceptance call from Dr. Covington Wednesday afternoon. Of course I was working and missed it and had to call back!

Any OOS'ers know if claiming residency after a year is possible?

Anyone else receive an acceptance from UT recently? I just interviewed last Friday, but I'm already anxious. Any idea when we might expect the next round of acceptances to happen?

For all of you TN residents, what were your DAT scores, gpa, major, shadowing hours, etc. like? I just had an interview on the 10th and want to get a feel for my chance of getting in.

For all of you TN residents, what were your DAT scores, gpa, major, shadowing hours, etc. like? I just had an interview on the 10th and want to get a feel for my chance of getting in.

Was the 10th the last round of interviews? I interviewed in January and still have not heard anything, just wondering about how many more people they'll interview.

The last round of interview is this coming Friday, the 17th.

I'm a resident too. What were your scores like?

Just checking in to see if anyone who interviewed in the last month or so has heard anything back yet. This waiting game is torturous...

I'm in!!!! My parents just told me I got an acceptance letter in the mail Saturday! Also, my Aadsas status hasn't changed. It still says "Invited for interview". I'm an Arkansas resident too.

Congrats Shane!

Champ24 or Jorourk1 have either of you heard anything? Or any other TN residents who might have interviewed in late January or early February?

I got an email saying I am on the alternate list

I also got an email saying i was a Tennessee alternate, I had a 19 AA and made a 28 on RC... second year in a row on ut's alternate list, yay. Oh and btw, they didn't pick any alternates off the list last year...

Universityshutt, did you interview again this year? I think I read somewhere that they do not reinterview reapplicants--just wondering if that's true or not.

I've pretty much accepted that this is a rejection and am going to start prepping for the DAT again since I feel the rest of my app was strong. Did you call/meet with Dr. Covington before you reapplied this year? If so, did you find his advice helpful? I think I might try and do that before the next cycle opens--can't hurt.

I also got the 'Alternate' email...and so did a friend of mine. So much for only a couple of ppl getting it. Im over it..ive got multiple other acceptances at other schools, just thought it would be nice to attend dental school in my home state. Good luck everyone!

Add another alternate to the list. I'm a Tennessee resident.

I was on alternate, but got an acceptance call from Dr. Covington this morning.
Arkansas resident
AA21
PAT 23

opps.. signed on from my sister's account lol

Dr. Covington called me this morning and gave me the good news that I'm in!! I was on the TN alternate list. I still can't believe it. I've been studying like a madwoman for a DAT retake, so this is such a relief. :)