***The Official UTHSC-Memphis C/O 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

bpoore19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I haven't seen a thread for UTHSC-Memphis yet so I thought I would go ahead and start one. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Go Vols!

Members don't see this ad.

Only school that doesn't make you pay for the secondary!

I know, right? :) I'm hoping to hear something soon... even though it is really early in the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know, right? :) I'm hoping to hear something soon... even though it is really early in the cycle.
Any idea when do they usually send out interview invites?

Last year the first interview date was August 2nd and they started sending invites the last week of July.

Reactions: 2 users
Got the "Your Application Has Been Received" email today. I submitted on June 9th. It says they will review my application shortly, does anybody know the turn-around on that for interview invites? Thanks!

Got the "Your Application Has Been Received" email today. I submitted on June 9th. It says they will review my application shortly, does anybody know the turn-around on that for interview invites? Thanks!
I got that email on June 24th and still have not heard about an interview. I don't know of anyone who has yet though.

So why is this school so much more expensive than others? I've only applied here and LSU, is this school really worth the difference in cost? Just wondering if anybody had done a little more research/visits than I have because I feel like I'm missing something. (Sorry if this isn't the appropriate thread for these questions...)

So why is this school so much more expensive than others? I've only applied here and LSU, is this school really worth the difference in cost? Just wondering if anybody had done a little more research/visits than I have because I feel like I'm missing something. (Sorry if this isn't the appropriate thread for these questions...)
It's pretty expensive OOS anywhere

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Arkansas, so I may get IS tuition still but just comparing the two OOS and IS, Tennessee is way higher on both.

The IS tuition for UT is comparable to most of the other schools in the country.

Last edited:
Got interview invite today! so excited!

Either the 4th or the 11th I'm pretty sure. What about you?

Good luck guys....this is a great school

Reactions: 1 users
Whoa congrats everyone!! So they are doing them on Mondays I guess?

Dang this all escalated quickly! Just got my invite, too!!

I'm from Alabama. Has anyone heard what the interviews were like last year?

Congrats everyone! Hope to meet you all soon!

Last edited:
good luck guys! let us know how it goes

Thanks! I've heard that it's a really laid back interview so I'll let you guys know what I think!

Anyone know approximately how many interview invites have gone out for UT?

All of my application materials have been in for a while now, but my AADSAS portal still says "waiting on additional information". should I call to check on this? I remember the email saying not to call and check on the status of your app, so I wasn't sure

All of my application materials have been in for a while now, but my AADSAS portal still says "waiting on additional information". should I call to check on this? I remember the email saying not to call and check on the status of your app, so I wasn't sure

I would call ADEA first. They are pretty helpful believe it or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know approximately how many interview invites have gone out for UT?

Hey! UT interviews 8 students every interview and about 10 interview days have been scheduled so far. So about 80 invites have gone out so far. They interview about 90 IS and about 175 OOS, and accept approximately 35 Arkansas students, 45 Tennessee students, and 10 true OOS students.

Hey! UT interviews 8 students every interview and about 10 interview days have been scheduled so far. So about 80 invites have gone out so far. They interview about 90 IS and about 175 OOS, and accept approximately 35 Arkansas students, 45 Tennessee students, and 10 true OOS students.

Splendid. Fingers crossed for everyone out there!! Thank ya much!

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you counting the 35 Arkansas as part of the 90 IS or 175 OOS? I am assuming they are part of the 175? Thanks

Hello everyone,
Sorry I'm new here and forgive me if my question sound stupid...... but i was wondering for the supplemental application, do we have to wait until they send us through email or we have to send it to the UT ? and how much? sorry I can't find any information about this on their website.

Hello everyone,
Sorry I'm new here and forgive me if my question sound stupid...... but i was wondering for the supplemental application, do we have to wait until they send us through email or we have to send it to the UT ? and how much? sorry I can't find any information about this on their website.

In the "application received/complete" email it says that there is no supplemental application and no additional fee.

In the "application received/complete" email it says that there is no supplemental application and no additional fee.

The ADEA guide contradicts the email that they sent. Although, it does state that they will ask you for the supplemental information and fee when/ if they want it. Hope this helps!

Hello everyone,
there won't be any supplemental application nor fee at all.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you have to have all of the required courses taken before being offered an interview?

Has anyone heard from UTHSC as far as new interview invites are concerned? Seems like this thread has been pretty quiet... How long will they continue to send those lovely emails?

Do you have to have all of the required courses taken before being offered an interview?

No, you don't have to take all of the recommended courses to be invited for an interview. However, I'm sure it looks favorably to have completed most of them.

Has anyone heard from UTHSC as far as new interview invites are concerned? Seems like this thread has been pretty quiet... How long will they continue to send those lovely emails?

When did you apply? The deadline to submit an application is September 30, but they will continue to send out invitations to interview through November to be considered for acceptance on December 1. I believe they will continue to have interviews on Mondays and Fridays with 8 applicants per interview.

Good luck to all applying to UT! :)