***The Official Western University c/o 2019 Interview/Acceptance thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalgirl7893

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I didn't see a thread for western so I figured I'd start one :) have any of you had your western portal updated to say your application and DAT scores were received from AADSAS?

Members don't see this ad.

They received my 2nd app but my status is still incomplete since no news on DAT scores and Recs, though I already uploaded them on AADSAS. Maybe due to a large volume of apps. *sigh

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my secondary a couple days ago. The portal doesn't list that they have received my DAT and recs. I guess they haven't looked through the apps they've received?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok cool mine says the same and I didn't know whether to freak out thanks guys :) yay for people applying to western! It looks like a fantastic school

Hope to be contributing to this thread in the near future. Best of luck!!!

I see they want DAT scores sent to them directly...can someone confirm this IS DIFFERENT from the scores that were received with my application.....

I see they want DAT scores sent to them directly...can someone confirm this IS DIFFERENT from the scores that were received with my application.....
The application ones are fine.

I saw this on AADSAS. Did anyone pay the $70 yet? I couldn't find it the link for it.

Special information from this dental school:

Send materials directly to the dental schools at the same time you send AADSAS materials:

• Application fee $60 (due by December 1) Must be paid online via credit card at the same time you submit your application
  • Supplemental Application (due by December 1)
  • Official DAT scores sent from the ADA

ohhh so there's no essay? It's just paying the fee for their supplemental?

ohhh so there's no essay? It's just paying the fee for their supplemental?

no, there is a supplementary essay portion along with the fee for the supplemental. WesternU asks if there is any additional information/ info you want to elaborate on that you would like to them to know aside from your primary app.

no, there is a supplementary essay portion along with the fee for the supplemental. WesternU asks if there is any additional information/ info you want to elaborate on that you would like to them to know aside from your primary app.

thanks for clearing that up!

Anyone got interviews here? Please update:
Application sent:
Interview rcvd date
Interview Date
sGPA/oGPA
DAT (AA, anything below 18)
in state / OOS

Greatly appreciate it

Application sent: 6/13/2014
Interview received date: 8/28/2014
Interview date: 11/8/2014
sGPA/oGPA: 3.44/3.45
DAT (AA, anything below 18): 18, RC and QR
IS/OOS: OOS (Canada)

Wrong thread cuz. Check the specific schools section.