The official WWAMI thread!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted at Wyo. Good luck to everyone here. Hope to see you in Seattle in a couple years.

Congrats, stay warm in laramie lol

Members don't see this ad.

I called up the UW admissions office - The committee has decided to interview me as a WWAMI student. For all you Montanans still waiting to hear back about seattle interviewing dates, feb 22-24. I belive they are sending out emails in the next few days(today through 2/13), or you can just call them up like I did and ask. (There's a delay because they don't let you know of invite by email until they know what time and day they're offering you.) Gluck!

I will be interviewing in Anchorage on Wednesday afternoon! Akwho, spearfisher, Breal and any other Alaskans - anyone else interviewing on Wednesday? I will be staying with an M1 so I will be arriving when they go to class in the am and will be around all morning as well...

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be interviewing in Anchorage on Wednesday afternoon! Akwho, spearfisher, Breal and any other Alaskans - anyone else interviewing on Wednesday? I will be staying with an M1 so I will be arriving when they go to class in the am and will be around all morning as well...

Sorry I didn't see your posting earlier. I interviewed today. I hope all went well for you.

Any Alaskan interviewees hear anything today? I heard they were told on Friday last year.

Any Alaskan interviewees hear anything today? I heard they were told on Friday last year.

Yep, my friend from Alaska got her acceptance this afternoon! I think via email though not sure

Got my acceptance today via phone call. :)

--> They said official letters were going to be sent out sometime next week.

Good luck BReal, AKgrown, benalaska and others!! Hoping for the best for my fellow Alaskans.

I interviewed on Wednesday in Anchorage as well (15th), and got my acceptance phone call yesterday (Friday, 17th)! Yay!

Offered admission via phone call on Friday. Look forward to seeing you all in August in Anchorage.

Congrats you all :) Would you happen to know if they contact alternates by phone as well? Or if they provide feedback to those looking to improve their application for next year?

Hey all you Alaska WWAMI kids!

I am a first year up here in Alaska. I'm going to guess I met a bunch of you on interview day...

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the program, what to do with your time until August, what to do next year, classes, etc.

Congrats, WWAMI is totally awesome and you will love your time here!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
MT resident and I interviewed today. Most stressful one I've had by far.

They told us that acceptees will hear via a phone call tomorrow (Friday). I'm expecting a rejection for better or for worse.

Good luck to all!

Have you heard anything? what were his stats?

No I haven't heard anything. His stats were somewhere around 3.7 34. He didn't have much clinical experience though FWIW, but lots of leadership.

From MT interviews this past week, did they say that rejections and waitlisters would hear on friday too, or just acceptance calls? anyone hear anything besides this one persons friend?

From MT interviews this past week, did they say that rejections and waitlisters would hear on friday too, or just acceptance calls? anyone hear anything besides this one persons friend?

Just acceptance calls. They stated that everyone else will be notified via snail mail sometime next week.

I'm really surprised that no one else has posted on here. Maybe SDN accounts are a rarity among those who got accepted.

Just acceptance calls. They stated that everyone else will be notified via snail mail sometime next week.

I'm really surprised that no one else has posted on here. Maybe SDN accounts are a rarity among those who got accepted.

I spoke with a former UW excom member that wrote me a LOR, and he said that he normally didn't make his calls until Saturday or Sunday evening. Not sure if that holds true for this year though.

So my application page says that the Wyoming waitlist has already moved 4 spots! Seems super high to me, and I didn't see 1, 2, or 3 in the last couple weeks of constant refreshing. Anyone Wyomingites want to confirm?

Those four spots were moved all at once, as the Wyoming Legislature was able to approve an additional four seats for the upcoming class. Laramie was only able to accept 16 students initially, although they had plans for 20, they just had to wait for the budget to be cleared up. Once that happened, all 4 "wait list" spots moved into accepted.

That makes a lot more sense, haha. Anyone else sweating it out on any of the WWAMI wait lists? I feel like there is a lot of variability in how many come off each year just because of the small size of the programs, but I could be wrong.

Accepted from Wyoming! Excited to get to know the Wyo-WWAMIly, and the rest of ya'll in two years! The dream is realized.

Accepted at Wyo. Good luck to everyone here. Hope to see you in Seattle in a couple years.
Accepted as well from Wyoming! When did you interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Dr_ink, would you mind telling us your stats? I'm a hopeful idahoan but I'm not sure if mine are quite good enough to get in to UW via WAMI.