The Reason I Jump Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedHeadOT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking through the newspaper today and I saw a small passage about a book called, The Reason I Jump. It is by Naoki Higashida, a 13-year old autistic boy. In the book, Naoki answers questions about what it is like to be autistic. It seems like it might be a valuable book to read. Has anyone had a chance to look at this book yet?

Members don't see this ad.

My fiance read the review and recently bought me this book. I recommend it- it's a fast read. I was able to read it in about 45 minutes since the typing is quite large and the pages are small. I work as a therapy tech at a pediatric outpatient clinic where I help with lots of autistic children... It was so fascinating to hear how they feel from their perspective. I know that Naoki's experience and opinions are not identical to all autistic children, but I feel that the book has given me some better insight into how they feel in certain social situations and during certain sensory experiences. It's a great reminder that behind these children are creative thoughts waiting to be expressed :)

Reactions: 1 user
I think I'm going to purchase the book too. Sounds fascinating : )