The Republic of Texas XXVIII: Like Chuck Norris, we don't sleep; we wait...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you aren't able to get instate status by the time you apply I'd say definitely call/email all the schools and let them know that you've been living here for a while, will be resident in October and have strong familial connections to the state. This is a big deal to Texas schools and I'm fairly positive it would be taken into account, at least at Tech.

Its really encouraging to hear that they take state ties into account when evaluating an applicant. I just don't want to be pre-screened out by schools because tmdsas sees me the same as someone applying with no Texas ties. I emailed most of the schools and so far the responses are split between moving me to the in-state applicant pool on October 8th (TCOM and UTMB) and simply going with the TMDSAS decision (UT-Houston) at the time of application. I really appreciate all of you chiming in!

Members don't see this ad.

When I applied I put in the "Is there anything you want to tell us about your state of residency?" box some information about why I wasn't living in Texas. TMDSAS actually called me up and asked me about it, then determined that they would still consider me a Texas resident. You may have an argument for this type of situation when you apply also. You can kind of haggle with the TMDSAS people.

I dreamed last night that it was leaked early and I got Houston, it must be nearing match time. 1 week, 19 hrs to go!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been one of the lucky ones out here since I graduated in December. I have been away from classes and other pre-meds freakng out for over a month. Being with non-premed friends and family, I have been the least stressed I have been in 3.5 years.

I wish every one luck in the match and try to take it as easy as possible.

P.S. I love job interviews, after med school interviews these have been an absolute cake walk.

I dreamed last night that it was leaked early and I got Houston, it must be nearing match time. 1 week, 19 hrs to go!

ha - last year some people's did get leaked early!

I so don't envy you guys having to play the waiting game like this. Hope you get what you want as a reward. :thumbup:

I do not envy them either. Last year this time was so stressful.

Hmm....this year this time is stressful too. Bleh. Back to cardiophys. :thumbdown:

I do not envy them either. Last year this time was so stressful.

Hmm....this year this time is stressful too. Bleh. Back to cardiophys. :thumbdown:

That it is. It's gotten much more intense since a couple months ago, to say the least.

Oh yeah? What happened.. like what school, when, etc? That's pretty crazy...

I can't remember exactly when or what happened, but TMDSAS glitch-ed and some people were able to see the school they matched at. So it was all TMDSAS schools.

I think it was everyone who pre-matched could see their match a little early.

yeah I don't think it's going to happen again this year. the new tmdsas webpage actually looks like it's not from the 70s unlike the old one..

I saw a few days ago that TMDSAS leaked some match results early last year on someone's MDApps page and I can't help checking TMDSAS every day or two now. I have had two dreams where I wake up on match day, but got into a different school in each dream... They were my first and second ranked- I guess I'm even more torn than I thought between the two.

In the last dream, I was in a field looking through laminated name tags on a clothes-line, trying to find my name tag with my match listed. So weird. Ended well though :D

You guys make me feel less neurotic

You guys make me feel less neurotic

+1

I had a dream about getting a pre-match to A&M. No med school specific dreams since then now that the pre-match period is over.

We'll see what happens this week though... :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I don't think it's going to happen again this year. the new tmdsas webpage actually looks like it's not from the 70s unlike the old one..
They had webpages in the 70s?

omgg less than week left. The anticipation is getting to me :(

i only wish we could have like an early leak on friday instead of monday:caution:

Last edited:
omgg less than week left. The anticipation is getting to me

No joke. Can anyone say insomnia...? I really wish this were me: :sleep:

Though truly, this is me lately, in chronological order as the month of January as progressed:

:luck::whistle::lame::confused::annoyed::scared: :eek: :help:

Okay, yeah, I'm really bored and really should be asleep instead of smiley face stalking, haha.

Night y'all!!

5 days!

No joke. Can anyone say insomnia...? I really wish this were me: :sleep:

Though truly, this is me lately, in chronological order as the month of January as progressed:

:luck::whistle::lame::confused::annoyed::scared: :eek: :help:

Okay, yeah, I'm really bored and really should be asleep instead of smiley face stalking, haha.

Night y'all!!

5 days!

aaaaah you summed up my feelings as well! I wish I could just have like some sort of hint as to whether I will be matched or not. This process has been WAYYYY too long and that would be incredibly comforting right. Oh man oh mann ( yes I know I sound a bit crazy but I think I am right now ;)

Man I can feel the tension you guys are feeling like it was yesterday! I remember so vividly how it felt. Good luck to all you guys, I hope the match brings good news to you.

I don't see why not.. unless they plan to work on it over the weekend...

Seriously. I wouldn't be surprised if the computers have already figured it all out, the schools know, and they have printed out a nice stack of acceptances to drop in the mail Monday morning.

I say this because they mail acceptance letters Feb 1 supposedly... so I imagine they're all set to go before then... but then again, maybe that's the hyper-planner in me having everything organized well in advance and expecting others to act similarly...?

DrChic, I think we're all a little crazy now... :laugh: You are not alone! This is why I always tell my husband that I love SDN... at least I'm surrounded with people as delightfully mad as me :D

I do not envy you guys right now. Match was so stressful. :scared:

Oh, and has the infamous [View Match Results] button shown up yet for anyone on TMDSAS when you log in, or does it not show up until there are actual :luck:results:luck: to show?

If an applicant doesn't match, are they automatically waitlisted or do the schools have to select them to be on their waitlist?

I think it depends for each school. I am pretty sure they said on interview day at UTH that everyone who doesn't match is put in the wait pool, but I think A&M emails those on the waitlist. No idea about other schools.

only a few days left till Match
this has been the slowest week of my life
& next week will be the worst week of my life if i don't match to the school i really want to go to :rolleyes:

Do you get the "View Match Results" button even if you don't match anywhere or only if you receive an offer? I'm just trying to figure out what to expect when I login on Feb 1st.

Thanks

"Be anxious about nothing, but in everything give thanks to God and make your request known to him." I trust God to grant my heart desires. what about you?:)

only a few days left till Match
this has been the slowest week of my life
& next week will be the worst week of my life if i don't match to the school i really want to go to :rolleyes:

I'm just going to be happy to match ANYWHERE at this point... Every single Texas school is pretty awesome! Can I have your acceptance if you don't match to the school you want? :laugh:

Good luck :)

Do you get the "View Match Results" button even if you don't match anywhere or only if you receive an offer? I'm just trying to figure out what to expect when I login on Feb 1st.

Thanks

You get the button no matter what. Anyone know when it will show up though... only once Feb 1 offers come out, or will a useless button pop up before the results are up?

I do not envy you guys right now. Match was so stressful. :scared:

Omg me too, hard to believe it's been a year, huh?? At least ours was on Friday haha. I still remember I didn't have class or work after 10am that day so my stepdad called me and pretty much forced me to drive home (well, someone else drove me- there was no way I could have operated heavy machinery!) so they could distract me cause I was worrying myself sick (literally).

Good luck y'all!!!!!!!!!! :luck::luck:

I can't remember exactly when or what happened, but TMDSAS glitch-ed and some people were able to see the school they matched at. So it was all TMDSAS schools.

I think it was everyone who pre-matched could see their match a little early.
no, someone was trolling and claimed there was a glitch and they saw their results early.

and that person was subsequently banned for it.

Hey guys. I'm super nervous about the match. I interviewed at every school but El Paso but I wasn't allowed to accept pre-matches because of this program I was in. Now that I'm out of that program I'm thrown in the match and I am really really nervous.

What does everyone's preference list look like?

Hey guys. I'm super nervous about the match. I interviewed at every school but El Paso but I wasn't allowed to accept pre-matches because of this program I was in. Now that I'm out of that program I'm thrown in the match and I am really really nervous.

What does everyone's preference list look like?

Just a spectator at this point, but I just wanted to say that if you interviewed at every school besides Foster, I'd say you've got damn good odds of an acceptance.

Are we there yet??

Seems like this will be a very long weekend! Anyways--is everyone going to post where they matched in TeXaS on this Thread? I can't wait to hear where everyone will end up! A little closure will be nice. :)

Yeah, I feel that way sometimes but I haven't heard from any school yet and I'm getting really anxious. I really don't care where I go even though UT Southwestern would be the most ideal. I just want to be a doctor. Does anyone have any interesting stories concerning the match. Everyone else I know has already pre-matched.

no, someone was trolling and claimed there was a glitch and they saw their results early.

and that person was subsequently banned for it.

Hmm....Actually if you look about 3/4ths of the way down the page here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=595033&highlight=glitch&page=8

you can see a long discussion about how people with pre-match offers could see their match early. Maggie08's "glitch" said she got into Tech and that's what actually ended up happening. Those who had a prematch and ranked it first obviously didn't change. She is not a troll and actually did see hers early, even though she didn't pre-match at Tech (where she now attends).

There was a mess-up in the HTML with an "or view" button available for those with a pre-match offer that allowed them to see their match early. It was not there very long before TMDSAS figured out it was messed up, but some did see their match early.

you can see a long discussion about how people with pre-match offers could see their match early.

Haha, I love seeing that last year's matchees were as crazy as us :) I feel like I'm going to be right at home in med school...

Haha, I love seeing that last year's matchees were as crazy as us :) I feel like I'm going to be right at home in med school...

Fear not my friend. We spent hours analyzing dates, numbers, times, verifications, interview:pre-match ratios and on and on and on. :)

Did the Accept/Decline button near your pre-match disappear? I'm pretty sure that button was still there until today. I know it probably doesn't mean anything but I'm finding reasons to make myself crazy until the match LoL

If anything, I think we might have been MORE crazy! :)

interesting... mine arent there anymore