The tricky general question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rosa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

When you see this statement on the secondary:

If there is any additional information you would like to provide please include it in the box below.

or any questions similar to this statement, what does one do???

I don't feel like I should leave the box empty...do i write about why i want to go to that particular school???

Members don't see this ad.

If you feel like you have more to say that is more than just "I"m a great candidate take me", then say it. I would try to use it to explain perhaps a few bad grades, something along those lines.

If you don't have something intelligent to say, then don't. Trying to cram something in there just for the sake of filling the space will sound contrived and won't help your case.

So in a nutshell, it's probably not too critical that you fill in that blank if you really don't have anything too useful to add.

I used that space to update them on what I will be doing during my year off such as research and volunteer work. If you are still in school you can tell them about things you plan on doing during that year. Hope that helps. :)