The Under 3.0 Club part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mind sharing where you did post bacc?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I did my post bac at VCU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Officially part of the under 3.0 club. Significantly below a 3.0 gpa. Two application cycles. 1 interview each time. message me if you are interested in more details.

Hello, there's no option to private message you.. I'm interested in hearing about your journey into dental school.. please PM me...

Hi group...I'm back with some more encouragement. I just got my 3rd accpetance into dental school. So far, I have gotten accepted into MCG, Meharry, and UTHSC-Memphis. I still say that anything is possible, you just have to sincerely believe it. Think positive thoughts and watch what words come out of your mouth. Put positive words into the atmosphere and watch the universe reply with positive replies.
Congrats!!! what did u get on ur DAT?

Would like to find out more. I am unable to send you a PM though. Not sure why it is not working.

Hey, I'd love to discuss how you were able to get in this cycle if you have the chance?

Hi guys!
So my undergrad overall GPA is just below a 3 (2.93), but I'm not too sure about my sGPA. I am taking Physics II right now as a summer course, and am doing very well in it, so that will at least raise my sGPA. I'm looking into doing a 1 year masters to help boost my academic credentials before applying to dental school.
Would the following masters be good to do for dental school?
- Masters in Clinical Research
- Masters of Biotechnolgy
- Masters of Biomedical Science

Also, does it being in-person or being online make a differnce?

Thank you!

Hi guys, long-time lurker, graduated undergrad with 2.81 overall GPA and 2.3 science GPA in 2018. Life got tough with some health issues so decided to put dentistry to the side. Did a formal post bach in 2021 and got a 3.96. This brought my overall GPA to 3.14 and my science GPA to 3.03. Took my DAT and got a 22AA and 24TS, 22PAT. I knew my GPA was low so I had to give it all on the DAT to help me a little bit. I applied in late June 2021 but my science GPA didn't tip over 3.0 until the first academic update in august. This kind of pushed my application to be thrown into the late pile for many schools. I got 1 interview from ASDOH pre-December, and 2 post-December interviews from buffalo and Minnesota. Excited to say I will be attending Buffalo school of dental medicine class of 2026. Hang in there! Give it your all on the DAT and raise that science and overall GPA to above 3.0 and you have a shot! Also make sure to have a lot of volunteering and a killer personal statement!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys, long-time lurker, graduated undergrad with 2.81 overall GPA and 2.3 science GPA in 2018. Life got tough with some health issues so decided to put dentistry to the side. Did a formal post bach in 2021 and got a 3.96. This brought my overall GPA to 3.14 and my science GPA to 3.03. Took my DAT and got a 22AA and 24TS, 22PAT. I knew my GPA was low so I had to give it all on the DAT to help me a little bit. I applied in late June 2021 but my science GPA didn't tip over 3.0 until the first academic update in august. This kind of pushed my application to be thrown into the late pile for many schools. I got 1 interview from ASDOH pre-December, and 2 post-December interviews from buffalo and Minnesota. Excited to say I will be attending Buffalo school of dental medicine class of 2026. Hang in there! Give it your all on the DAT and raise that science and overall GPA to above 3.0 and you have a shot! Also make sure to have a lot of volunteering and a killer personal statement!
Man everyone i hear with similar GPAs to mine only get in AFTER they tip over to >3.0

At 213 credit hours and 3 years of A's, the damn thing wont budge and I am getting seriously tired of being a lowly undergrad.

What do you suggest?

Man everyone i hear with similar GPAs to mine only get in AFTER they tip over to >3.0

At 213 credit hours and 3 years of A's, the damn thing wont budge and I am getting seriously tired of being a lowly undergrad.

What do you suggest?
Where is your GPA and DAT at the moment? If its close to 3.0 and 20 I would suggest applying to a post bach program that has a link to the dental school. A lot of post bachs if you maintain a certain GPA, you are given an automatic interview. I would also apply to a couple of one-year masters program. My back up plan was to do a master's at BU OHS program.