The University of New England Admissions 2015 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nwandopriam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I just wanted to make a forum for anyone applying here for this cycle so we could discuss as the process goes on.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I just wanted to make a forum for anyone applying here for this cycle so we could discuss as the process goes on.

I applied first week of June for their DMD program for the 2015 cycle. They asked me to fill out their secondary application by mid-June. Got an interview invitation by email the 2nd week of August. My Interview is mid-Sept. Seems to me like they are very organized and on top of it! And I am from Colorado! My GPA is 3.6, have experience in the field, but my DAT score is my weakness. Figures crossed, I hope the interview goes well! Has anyone heard anything else? I think the dental program is only 2 years old.

I applied first week of June for their DMD program for the 2015 cycle. They asked me to fill out their secondary application by mid-June. Got an interview invitation by email the 2nd week of August. My Interview is mid-Sept. Seems to me like they are very organized and on top of it! And I am from Colorado! My GPA is 3.6, have experience in the field, but my DAT score is my weakness. Figures crossed, I hope the interview goes well! Has anyone heard anything else? I think the dental program is only 2 years old.

When is your interview for?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dentistry

I meant date but I saw that you put mid-September. I got an email last week saying that my application for the pharmacy school was under review and I was getting nervous that I hadn't heard back from them and people applying to other schools were receiving interview invites.

I meant date but I saw that you put mid-September. I got an email last week saying that my application for the pharmacy school was under review and I was getting nervous that I hadn't heard back from them and people applying to other schools were receiving interview invites.
Not sure if pharmacy is the same way but the timeline of interviews is very spread out for the dental cycle...I've heard that interviews could go into Jan. So I wouldn't get to nervous.

Not sure if pharmacy is the same way but the timeline of interviews is very spread out for the dental cycle...I've heard that interviews could go into Jan. So I wouldn't get to nervous.

Yeah the pharmacy school is the same way. I just thought that since I submitted the application early I would hear back earlier.

Yeah the pharmacy school is the same way. I just thought that since I submitted the application early I would hear back earlier.
What are your stats like if i may ask. I also applied to this school for pharmacy and the next day after i was verified, i got an invite for interview. Did you hear back from the school yet?

What are your stats like if i may ask. I also applied to this school for pharmacy and the next day after i was verified, i got an invite for interview. Did you hear back from the school yet?

When was your application verified?

Hi everyone. My name is G and I'm a current student of pharmacy at UNE Class of 2018. I was in your same position last year so if you have any questions please feel free to ask me here and I'll try to be as helpful as possible.

Hi everyone. My name is G and I'm a current student of pharmacy at UNE Class of 2018. I was in your same position last year so if you have any questions please feel free to ask me here and I'll try to be as helpful as possible.

Hey how long did it take for you to hear from then once they received your application?

Hey how long did it take for you to hear from then once they received your application?
I submitted my application in late September and received an interview invite in October for November 25th and got accepted the 26th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I just wanted to add my application experience for everyone else applying to UNE this cycle. I applied early decision. Here is my timeline:

Application submitted - 9/1
Application verified - 9/13
Interview offered - 9/15
Interview date - 9/26
Accepted (via phone) - 10/1

Super excited to be joining the class of 2019!

Hi guys! I just wanted to add my application experience for everyone else applying to UNE this cycle. I applied early decision. Here is my timeline:

Application submitted - 9/1
Application verified - 9/13
Interview offered - 9/15
Interview date - 9/26
Accepted (via phone) - 10/1

Super excited to be joining the class of 2019!

Congrats! How was the interview?

It was pretty casual. Two faculty members interview you for about 30 minutes. They asked me the typical questions (why pharm, why UNE, etc) and some questions about myself. They seemed to know my application pretty well, so if you get an interview I would recommend reviewing your personal statement and extracurricular info. I didn't feel super confident coming out of the interview (I was really nervous) so either it went better than I thought or they put a lot of weight in my grades/PCAT/writing sample.

i just got an interview invite today for 10/10! im from CA and thinking about going Maine is sooo far! anyone from CA attending an interview that day?

i just got an interview invite today for 10/10! im from CA and thinking about going Maine is sooo far! anyone from CA attending an interview that day?
There are actually a lot of students in my class from Cali. About 10-15 I'd say. You'll love this school. I mentioned it in another thread but if you plan on going for the interview and don't mind taking your time, try looking up flights to Boston then taking a bus up to Portland. It's a LOT cheaper than flying directly to PWM. Congrats on your interview invite.

I have an interview there tomorrow and i am pretty nervous but prepared. I am kind of wondering what the writing portion is going to be about but im sure it will be about something i can always weigh in on.

I have an interview there tomorrow and i am pretty nervous but prepared. I am kind of wondering what the writing portion is going to be about but im sure it will be about something i can always weigh in on.

I don't think you should worry too much about the writing portion. For my interview, it was basically a mini response to see if you're able to compose thoughts onto paper.

E-submitted PharmCAS - 10/07
Verified and forwarded - 10/23

Waiting to hear back on interview! Does anyone know the next interview date for UNECOP?

Stats:

2.96 current cGPA, 3.42 science GPA; B.A Biology
76 composite PCAT

Employed pharmacy technician in Maine (June '14 - current)
Supplemental Instruction Leader at UMaine for General Chemistry
Harvey Aft Award for Excellence in Chemistry recipient Spring '14

Wooooohooi got admitted. I am easily the happiest person on earth right now..all the stress has been taken awa6. So im ready for this new chapter in my life....God is good :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Wooooohooi got admitted. I am easily the mappiest person on earth right now..interstresinvites tn taken awa6. So im ready for this new chapter in my life....God is good :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Wow....congrats girl!!! How/what was the interview like? I'll be interviewing there on Dec 11th and I'm coming from CA. Just got the interview invite last week.

There are actually a lot of students in my class from Cali. About 10-15 I'd say. You'll love this school. I mentioned it in another thread but if you plan on going for the interview and don't mind taking your time, try looking up flights to Boston then taking a bus up to Portland. It's a LOT cheaper than flying directly to PWM. Congrats on your interview invite.

Hey G, how diversified is your class?

Wow....congrats girl!!! How/what was the interview like? I'll be interviewing there on Dec 11th and I'm coming from CA. Just got the interview invite last week.
The interview truely was not that stressfull its just the nervousness that got me. But the one on one interview is a 30mins sit down with 2faculty members and its just typical questions. Why pharmacy,why UNE. Do research on the school and fond out what all the benefits of going there will be. Be attentive and prepare questions for your interviewers. Goodluck.remember to breath...

The interview truely was not that stressfull its just the nervousness that got me. But the one on one interview is a 30mins sit down with 2faculty members and its just typical questions. Why pharmacy,why UNE. Do research on the school and fond out what all the benefits of going there will be. Be attentive and prepare questions for your interviewers. Goodluck.remember to breath...

Ok, thanks I'll keep that on mind.

Hey G, how diversified is your class?
Hi sorry for the late response,

What do you mean by diversified? As in race, sex, ethnicity? I feel that maybe a third of my class is from Maine and another 20 or so people are from the new england area. The rest are from all over the US such as Arizona, Florida (myself), California (maybe about 10-15 people), Kentucky, and Texas. I don't remember all of them but we're all from different backgrounds and different states. It's nice to talk to people from different backgrounds and see what their take on life and pharmacy is.

Wooooohooi got admitted. I am easily the happiest person on earth right now..all the stress has been taken awa6. So im ready for this new chapter in my life....God is good :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:
Congratulations!

I'll be interviewing next week and staying for a little because of flights. Any suggestions on how to stay warm for a native Floridian?

Does anyone know if there has been a Facebook group made for people planning on joining the Class of 2019?

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to all of you !

I am Shas, a P1 at UNECOP. For our class of 2018, by this time last year, we had a facebook group for almost 2 months. For the Class of 2018, I created the facebook group, and sent the link to the admissions' counselor, and he forwarded it to all other accepted students. It will help you guys in the long run (finding roommates, talking to upperclassmen etc). So, I recommend one of you to take the step.

Also, feel free to contact me about anything at: www.facebook.com/koirala or email me at [email protected]