The Waiting game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's been such a slow week. I've been stuck in bed sick for the last couple of days. Keep hoping that I'll at least hear something from a school this week.

Members don't see this ad.

It's been such a slow week. I've been stuck in bed sick for the last couple of days. Keep hoping that I'll at least hear something from a school this week.

I keep checking OPUS and UIC for updates...as of now, there are none. I submitted my financial aid stuff weeks ago for Emory, but it keeps stating that I've yet to do it (according to the fine print, this status won't change until mid-Feb).

Oh no about the illness! Please feel better soon!

Reactions: 1 user
I keep checking OPUS and UIC for updates...as of now, there are none. I submitted my financial aid stuff weeks ago for Emory, but it keeps stating that I've yet to do it (according to the fine print, this status won't change until mid-Feb).

Do you need to send in Financial aid stuff before they will release your decision?!

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah, no updates for me on either yet. I still haven't submitted my financial aid stuff (I'm behind the game on that!) though.

I thought I would hear something this week, but nothing at all...
If I knew waiting is this painful, maybe I wouldn't have applied..UHHHH
sorry. Trying to release my nerves here...

I thought I would hear something this week, but nothing at all...
If I knew waiting is this painful, maybe I wouldn't have applied..UHHHH
sorry. Trying to release my nerves here...

The last couple of weeks have been very quiet. I've pretty much surrendered myself to the fact that I won't hear anything else until February.

The last couple of weeks have been very quiet. I've pretty much surrendered myself to the fact that I won't hear anything else until February.

I'm pretty much with you on that as well. It's been more than 7 weeks and I'm settling on the fact that they're gonna take longer than 8 weeks.

I'm pretty much with you on that as well. It's been more than 7 weeks and I'm settling on the fact that they're gonna take longer than 8 weeks.

This whole process has been a lot more stressful than I was expecting. It makes things even worse when schools are slowly releasing decisions rather than releasing them in big chunks.

This whole process has been a lot more stressful than I was expecting. It makes things even worse when schools are slowly releasing decisions rather than releasing them in big chunks.

It would be kinda funny that these admission committees were actualy browsing these threads. Could be how they pick out which applicants won't know anything until next month.

It would be kinda funny that these admission committees were actualy browsing these threads. Could be how they pick out which applicants won't know anything until next month.

Well the majority of our information is hidden from them, so they would have a difficult time narrowing down the specifics. But that would be kind of funny. In a torturous sort of way.

Haha, I think about that sometimes. Hopefully the adcoms have better things to do...hopefully :)

This waiting is really starting to eat at me. I haven't heard from any other schools in a couple of weeks now! I'm hoping February is going to bring some more news.

Although I haven't been waiting as long as most applicants (SOPHAS verified late December, GRE mid January) the wait sucks. I graduate in May and I'm pretty much waiting to hear back so I can plan my next move with the wife and kid.

I'm really hoping for admission to USF. Interestingly enough, I haven't come across many people who went to USF for their PH graduate degree. It makes me worry that they're either very selective or undesirable for most applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
Although I haven't been waiting as long as most applicants (SOPHAS verified late December, GRE mid January) the wait sucks. I graduate in May and I'm pretty much waiting to hear back so I can plan my next move with the wife and kid.

I'm really hoping for admission to USF. Interestingly enough, I haven't come across many people who went to USF for their PH graduate degree. It makes me worry that they're either very selective or undesirable for most applicants.

The wait is terrible. I hate not having any certainty as to where I'll be next year! My wife is definitely getting anxious as well. She has very good job opportunities available in a few of the places I applied and would love to be able to make a decision ASAP.

I looked at USF's MPH and thought it looked like a pretty good program. I considered applying, but I grew up in Florida and knew it's not where I want to end up long term.

Well, it's been a solid week. I started a new job and didn't have time to check on OPUS or UIC until today. I still haven't heard from anywhere else. My SOPHAS was verified 11/28 and only heard from 3 schools. I don't expect to hear from John Hopkins or UWash until at least March. However, I know Columbia, Emory, and UIC have been sending out their decisions for a while. I'm not sure how to take this.

Well, it's been a solid week. I started a new job and didn't have time to check on OPUS or UIC until today. I still haven't heard from anywhere else. My SOPHAS was verified 11/28 and only heard from 3 schools. I don't expect to hear from John Hopkins or UWash until at least March. However, I know Columbia, Emory, and UIC have been sending out their decisions for a while. I'm not sure how to take this.

I know how you feel. I haven't heard from any schools in about a month now. I know that Emory has been giving out decisions for a while and Columbia just gave out a huge chunk of them last Friday. Those are my top two schools and I'm hoping that it isn't a bad thing that I haven't heard yet.

I know how you feel. I haven't heard from any schools in about a month now. I know that Emory has been giving out decisions for a while and Columbia just gave out a huge chunk of them last Friday. Those are my top two schools and I'm hoping that it isn't a bad thing that I haven't heard yet.
I'm in the same boat with Emory. They have also sent out rejections and waitlist notifications so not sure why we haven't heard :(.

I'm in the same boat with Emory. They have also sent out rejections and waitlist notifications so not sure why we haven't heard :(.
Yeah, I submitted my application at like the beginning of November and haven't heard anything. I don't know if they have a "maybe" stack for people they haven't been able to make a decision on?

Yeah, I submitted my application at like the beginning of November and haven't heard anything. I don't know if they have a "maybe" stack for people they haven't been able to make a decision on?

Yeah that would make sense why we haven't heard. I applied back in October. Well here is to hoping that we hear back this week!!! I'm going to be so relieved when I know either way, then I can stop checking OPUS like a madwoman haha.

Yeah that would make sense why we haven't heard. I applied back in October. Well here is to hoping that we hear back this week!!! I'm going to be so relieved when I know either way, then I can stop checking OPUS like a madwoman haha.
The wait really is the worst part right now. I'd feel so much better if I just knew what the decision was! Even though I didn't realize it at the time, it was easier before they began to hand out decisions :nailbiting:.

Skype interview with Mercer this month! Pretty excited as this is the first thing I've heard from any program.

Received a rejection from University of Florida yesterday. While I'm sort of bummed about paying money to be rejected (being rejected stinks!) I'm not too torn up. I haven't checked my application status at UF at all since submitting it originally and UF wasn't really a top choice, more of an option with instate tuition. Hoping I hear back from Tulane, USF or Temple soon. Waiting sucks!

Received a rejection from University of Florida yesterday. While I'm sort of bummed about paying money to be rejected (being rejected stinks!) I'm not too torn up. I haven't checked my application status at UF at all since submitting it originally and UF wasn't really a top choice, more of an option with instate tuition. Hoping I hear back from Tulane, USF or Temple soon. Waiting sucks!
Yeah, paying for a rejection is a terrible feeling. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't a top choice for you. I'm sure you should start hearing from some of those other schools soon! If I remember correctly, you have an interview with Mercer coming up don't you?

Yeah, paying for a rejection is a terrible feeling. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't a top choice for you. I'm sure you should start hearing from some of those other schools soon! If I remember correctly, you have an interview with Mercer coming up don't you?
Yup. I'm really excited about it too- there are a lot of things I like about Mercer's program.

The Mercer interview went really well. I really liked the information I got in the interview and I'm impressed with their program.

Reactions: 1 users
The Mercer interview went really well. I really liked the information I got in the interview and I'm impressed with their program.
That's great! Did they give you a timeline for when you should be hearing back? I hope you receive good news soon.

That's great! Did they give you a timeline for when you should be hearing back? I hope you receive good news soon.
They didn't cover that in the interview but I just got a call from their admissions department and... I was accepted! Acceptance package is in the mail. I'm super-excited about this program. Now just waiting to hear back from USF, Tulane and to see if Temple offers me an assistantship. Thanks for the kind words and encouragements btw!

I check SOPHAS dozens time a day to see if it verified my GPA... Damn it is slow...
I'm also studying biochemistry and have around the same GPA, did you end up getting in anywhere!?