Things to look out for/ask about during interview/visit at pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

globalruns

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Since you all have gone through the process of applying to pharmacy school, I wanted to know what things to look out during the interview/visit process? As in, when I visit schools, what are some things you wished afterwards you had been more attentive to or asked more questions about.
Things beyond the standard, cost/location/presentation of school that is given during the interview session that they are going to sell themselves as.

Some things that have come across my mind..
ie. looking at the apartment/housing area for students, how facilities are maintained for laboratory work, are there opportunities for research, what jobs students get after graduation, what happens if you struggle academically in a course, do schools help/assist in residency program?, access to good advisors/preceptors, are there career opportunity fairs during your final year?, curriculumn and internships availability, what type of practical-work experience do students have?

Things you wished you had known before hand.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

rotation program
faculty:student ratio // class size
electives
opportunities for research

Opportunities for involvement in the college (other than student organizations). For instance, at my school students are encouraged to sit on a variety of committees with the faculty (curriculum, admissions, honors, pharmd/phd, etc). We can also help out with the student interviews in the spring, both conducting interviews and leading tours through the college.