PhD/PsyD Thinking about getting a new job!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThankYouEveryOne!

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently talking with a friend and we thought about doing a joint UBER/psychology business! Any thoughts/comments/concerns? Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I was recently talking with a friend and we thought about doing a joint UBER/psychology business! Any thoughts/comments/concerns? Thanks everyone!

My first thought is that I have no idea what this means.

Reactions: 1 users
My first thought is that I have no idea what this means.
Hey erg!

Well, my friend and I were talking about starting A new business called "psychubergy" and the drivers would be psychologists we could hire from different places in a multifaceted attempt to 1) drive people to where they needed to go, and 2) gain information about their personal lives! We would initiate a primary run of our the plan in NYC (the angriest place in the U.S.), and have passengers fill out surveys to see how they like the service. UBER would NOT be notified due to various legal obligations/overhead charges/etc. if you have any ideas on how to expand upon our idea, we would be open to ANY suggestions you have. Please feel free to voice your opinion!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey erg!

Well, my friend and I were talking about starting A new business called "psychubergy" and the drivers would be psychologists we could hire from different places in a multifaceted attempt to 1) drive people to where they needed to go, and 2) gain information about their personal lives! We would initiate a primary run of our the plan in NYC (the angriest place in the U.S.), and have passengers fill out surveys to see how they like the service. UBER would NOT be notified due to various legal obligations/overhead charges/etc. if you have any ideas on how to expand upon our idea, we would be open to ANY suggestions you have. Please feel free to voice your opinion!

Do you run into many psychologists that would like to drive a cab? I don't.

This idea is fraught with safety concerns and ethical problems. I am equally perplexed at how "gain information about their personal lives" would be of any clinical benefit to someone in emotional distress. Perhaps you know something about the professional practice of psychology that I don't?

Last edited:
"gain information about their personal lives"

You mean we aren't supposed to ask patients what kind of underwear they wear and their penis size? Hmm.

Reactions: 1 user
See, I think the service would be really beneficial. Kind of like a two for one.

See, I think the service would be really beneficial. Kind of like a two for one.

What makes you think that? Again, do you know something about the professional practice of psychology that I don't?

Maybe instead you could start a hair salon/therapy practice. Then when people say that their hairdresser is their therapist, they can be legit about it.

Parts of this may be a good idea, though. A lot of patients do seem to have issues making their appointments, so if there was some "pick you up" service, with maybe serving some coffee/tea before you come in, might work. I don't think the Psychologist should do this part, though.

Parts of this may be a good idea, though. A lot of patients do seem to have issues making their appointments, so if there was some "pick you up" service, with maybe serving some coffee/tea before you come in, might work. I don't think the Psychologist should do this part, though.
Except that mobile therapy for people who have often state-funded treatment in their homes has been a thing for a long time. Where in your training are you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't even believe this has so many replies. He was obviously joking/trolling/deranged

I can't even believe this has so many replies. He was obviously joking/trolling/deranged
Really, I guess I shouldn't have turned in my resignation so quick then cause I was going to run with this one. I already have the mohawk and army jacket, just need the cab.
robertdenirotaxidriver.jpg

Really, I guess I shouldn't have turned in my resignation so quick then cause I was going to run with this one. I already have the mohawk and army jacket, just need the cab.
robertdenirotaxidriver.jpg
The problem is your idol there was good looking, passionate and charismatic. None of which can be said for the regulars on this board, IMHO

Except that mobile therapy for people who have often state-funded treatment in their homes has been a thing for a long time. Where in your training are you?
I didn't mention mobile therapy anywhere. I said just the part about making sure people get to appointments.

I'd probably end up crashing because I imagine that driving in high traffic areas while also providing psychotherapy would be too much cognitive load for me.

I'd probably end up crashing because I imagine that driving in high traffic areas while also providing psychotherapy would be too much cognitive load for me.
Well this is why you should really forget this guys' idea and use mine. I have this idea where a Psychologist provides psychotherapy in a car , but you are also a qualified Physician/firefighter/baker. Cookies are provided to begin therapy, but they can't be any average cookie..then the psychotherapy is applied...and extras are provided (Physician aspect) when the car crashes into something, and if said car blows up and catches fire, the firefighting aspect can be applied as well.

Alright, Just wanted to Update everyone! So it looks like my business partner and I are ready to take this thing off the ground! We're looking for investors... (If any of you are interested). We are looking for base commitments of $25,000- this would ensure 12% equity with the company... Obviously, percentages would be offered at increasingly lowered rates for the same monetary amount as more offers come. Please take this opportunity to consider it! I will be happy to answer any questions you may have!

You should go on Shark Tank. Or make a Kickstarter!

Status
Not open for further replies.