Third time is....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just thought of an important point.

You have graduated from being the resident expert on applying to vet school to being the resident expert on SUCCESSFULLY applying to vet school.

Enjoy your new "gravitas" !

Members don't see this ad.

I, too, have come from the shadows to tell you how happy I am you have now been accepted, TT. I discovered this forum about the time my son applied, and appreciate the wealth of information here, as well as "company" while we wait for results. As I checked on the status for his school, I always checked on your status also. I believe you have a huge fan base of lurkers that are just as happy as everyone else on this forum for your good news. Congratulations!

congratulations-008.gif

I'm so happy for you!

congrats_2.gif

I know you are going to be an amazing vet! You've helped so many of us so much--Thanks for everything you've done here. You've been an inspiration to a lot of us here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats TT! It's been very evident how hard you have worked, you deserve all the best!

:hardy::soexcited::laugh::roflcopter::highfive::D:bow::claps::banana::biglove::zip:
I know it's been said, but it really cannot be said enough...CONGRATULATIONS TT!!!!!! You wanted this, and worked so hard and for so long for it, and it is wonderful and inspiring to see you finally getting the appreciation and acknowledgment that you have earned!
You have provided endless support and guidance for countless SDNers, and that level of dedication and selflessness (instead of just obsessing over your own situation and concerns, you are always there to help others) is just one of the many traits that makes me know you will be an amazing vet.
I included all of the positive smiley faces/bananas/monkeys that I could find (then had to edit, because i'm only allowed to use 10!), because my words and their celebrations will still never be enough to express how extremely happy I am for you!

Wow, I love it! Gorgeous!! :cool:

Retinal.... Scorch...

Somewhere, a rainbow just crapped itself in fear.

Wow, I LOVE it! Such a beautiful color!
I would love to dye my hair, but my mother would kill me. She thinks that it will never grow back the same red it is now. Has anyone had this problem- dying their hair and their original color not growing back the same?

Members don't see this ad :)
That is SO pretty! I love it! I hope you're gonna rock that on your first day of classes!!! :D

Holy crap I didn't know there was enough purple in the world for that

I have to admit, I always thought pink or purple or blue (or whatever crazy color hair people had) were bad at-home dye jobs for 15 y/o wanna-bes. I stand fully corrected. So pretty!

Soooo jealous of your New Doo! I have always wanted to do something that drastic to my hair...but I think it would put me into that 15 YO wanna-be category Teatime mentioned....ROCK IT GURL!

what's that, teatime? :mad:

Haha, I thought I might get a backlash for that comment. I liked your hair when I saw you at the interview workshop, although it only looked like a few tendrils were dyed...? Maybe it's cuz I could never pull it off, being a brown girl and all.

BTW, I said I do stand corrected. Don't hurt me!:scared:

How do you guys get the color to stay?

I'm going with a reddish-brown base with red highlights in about a month. I know, I'm starting a vicious cycle of upkeep, but I'm just tired of my boring brown/black hair. (used to have my hair did a lot before I became a broke pre-vetter).

Bleach, for me. You saw my natural hair color - it's pretty dark. So I bleached the upper layer basically down to a really pale yellow, then used toner to get it more white/blue to avoid yellow/orange tones. The good thing about the dye that TT and I use is that it actually is pretty conditioning itself, so even though my bleached hair under it is probably not the healthiest, when the dye is on it's still good. And the pink stays in forever, at least from what I've experienced. The last time I did mine was in September.

As much as I hate the idea of bleach, i'd be willing to go there to get longevity with the color. Def something I'll have to ask my hairstylist about. pssh...like I could ever do my hair color on my own. :rolleyes:

Catching up a bit more on life, now that I'm on break....

CONGRATS, TT!!!! :soexcited::zip::clap:

My wild, untameable red hair hates dye, and can't hold color very well. :/ It sucks for longevity, but is great for when I impulse dye it weird colors and it looks terrible.

I used Manic Panic when I had fuchsia hair. What do y'all use?

eta: My secret for getting stuff to stay in grumpy hair is less washing. I have really dry hair naturally so I could get away with it, but not everyone can go 3 days without a wash. :/

Yet another lurker emerges to extend his congratulations! Although I'm a high schooler and don't post much, I've read your posts and have really hoped for your acceptance. If anyone deserves it, it's you. Your tenacity and passion is inspiring. Again, congratulations to you. You'll make a wonderful veterinarian.

Congrats TT! :thumbup:

Doesn't it feel great to know that so many people support you and are so happy that you got your acceptance? :) You sure do deserve it!

Yeah... lol. Of course it's nice. And I appreciate it a lot. :)

As an update, the purple means BUSINESS and has probably ruined a pillowcase, stained a towel (whatever), and errr the bathtub has a purpley tinge as well. The pink is fine, oddly enough. It seemed better last I washed it, so here's hoping it's colorfast (or reasonably so) from here on out. Haha.

Oh snap.

And what a four years it has been.

I'll be more capable of poetic sentiment after small animal surgery, I'm sure... It's hard to remember wanting it all so much.

Reactions: 3 users
Oh snap.

And what a four years it has been.

I'll be more capable of poetic sentiment after small animal surgery, I'm sure... It's hard to remember wanting it all so much.

I'm thinking you need a post-NAVLE coloring in celebration :D That pink/purple combination was fantastic.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm thinking you need a post-NAVLE coloring in celebration :D That pink/purple combination was fantastic.

I have to be 'professional' for clinics, else my hair would be a full five inches longer and still have a nice layer of purple. Maybe later, if I end up in a place where unusual hair colors is not frowned upon.

Reactions: 1 user