Thoughts ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4Paws89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

How do you properly answer your views on PETA and Animal Rights I.E (Large Production Farming and Universities using Animals for Studies).

Thank You guys for all of your help and advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

How do you properly answer your views on PETA and Animal Rights I.E (Large Production Farming and Universities using Animals for Studies).

Ideally you answer these questions honestly, but most places will be very wary of someone that openly supports any animal rights organizations in an interview or application scenario. Keep in mind that as a vet student you will be working with animals kept for production purposes and will likely have teaching animals for certain labs (not to mention using technology and medications made possible by animal use in research).

That being said, there are definitely ways to convey that you feel passionate about animal welfare that are not as alienating as aligning with an animal rights organization.

Hi All,

This is highly dependent upon what your views actually are. Like TRH said, most school will be a bit skeptical of someone who is a staunch animal rights supporter, either because they are worried about giving that person access to their facilities or because they determine that the person doesn't understand what that movement is all about and are blindly supporting something without appropriate research.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is highly dependent upon what your views actually are. Like TRH said, most school will be a bit skeptical of someone who is a staunch animal rights supporter, either because they are worried about giving that person access to their facilities or because they determine that the person doesn't understand what that movement is all about and are blindly supporting something without appropriate research.
I am not in any animal rights organizations at all. However, I want to be a food animal veterinarian. One of my bosses told me to prepare my self for questions on PETA and Animal Rights Organizations. So I just wanted to know how to properly answer those type of questions

Ideally you answer these questions honestly, but most places will be very wary of someone that openly supports any animal rights organizations in an interview or application scenario. Keep in mind that as a vet student you will be working with animals kept for production purposes and will likely have teaching animals for certain labs (not to mention using technology and medications made possible by animal use in research).

That being said, there are definitely ways to convey that you feel passionate about animal welfare that are not as alienating as aligning with an animal rights organization.
I am not in any animal rights organizations at all. However, I want to be a food animal veterinarian. One of my bosses told me to prepare my self for questions on PETA and Animal Rights Organizations. So I just wanted to know how to properly answer those type of questions

Well what do you know about them/what are your thoughts on them?

Do you understand the difference between animal rights and animal welfare? Those are the sorts of things schools are interested in knowing typically.

Reactions: 1 user
Well what do you know about them/what are your thoughts on them?

Do you understand the difference between animal rights and animal welfare? Those are the sorts of things schools are interested in knowing typically.
There are lots of questions like these in the interview question section here. Read through and find some and then practice your answers.