Time is the enemy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tcar18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just can't do it.... I cannot get my time down for PS.

With only 1 week to go I am freaking out. I am getting the right answers but need to speed up like 10-15 min.

Please anything... help me out.

Members don't see this ad.

I have the EXACT problem as you!!! Please some one kind help us out...let us know the wisdom of your PS ways.

I think at this point, the most you can do is do practice problems. The main things that slow me down are calculations which require me to use formulas I'm not comfortable with (ie I'm forced to derive relationships). Some people have suggested NOT reading the passage (or just taking 30 seconds to skim it) and just diving in to the questions. If you can pull this off, it would save you a LOT of time but I highly recommend getting some practice with this method if you are planning on trying it on the real thing.

Have you guys tried Kaplan's passage mapping strategy? You just read each passage quickly and make a passage map. Basically just make notes on what each paragraph is about and all the important info. Then when you do the questions refer back to the passage map when you need to look for stuff in the passage.

It seems to work pretty well, so if you're really having trouble with time, it could help you a little. But make sure you're comfortable with it before doing it on the real test.

Members don't see this ad :)
i look at questions and do as many as i can without reading the passage then i read looking for key words/terms that are in the questions...its helped me thus far, i usually have 20 minutes at the end to look over answers