Timeline for Choosing Between Offers from the Waitlist after Apr 30th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sandman23

All Glory to Jesus
Reaction score
If I were to get an AMCAS offer from a waitlist between Apr 15th & Apr 30th, my understanding is that I'd have to narrow down to 1 school by Apr 30th. But after Apr 30th, does AMCAS (not the school itself per se) have guidelines on when we need to choose and bind to their offer over any other offers we have?

Members don't see this ad.

9. Out of respect for other applicants, if you receive an offer of acceptance from more than one school or program:
  1. Withdraw your acceptance from any school or program you do not plan to attend as soon as you have made that decision;
  2. On or before April 15, narrow your selection(s) to no more than three schools or programs, and withdraw your acceptance(s) from all other schools or programs; and
  3. On or before April 30, choose the school or program to which you plan to matriculate and promptly withdraw your acceptances from all other schools or programs.
10. If you receive additional acceptances following April 30, it is your responsibility to promptly notify any school(s) you have decided to not attend. Your decision should be made by the deadline established by the medical school(s).

11. To the extent you have not already done so in furtherance of paragraphs 9 and 10, above, withdraw your acceptance(s) from all other schools or programs as soon as you matriculate at a U.S. or Canadian school or program. For the purposes of these protocols, matriculation means that a student has begun a pre-matriculation program, attended orientation immediately preceding enrollment, or enrolled in classes at a medical school.

You can generally ask a school making you an offer after April 30 how much time you can have to decide. They might say 5 business days. At that point, you need to accept that school's offer by the deadline it has given you and notify the other school that you are withdrawing your application and will not matriculate after all, or you tell the school that notified you late that, after careful consideration, you are not accepting the late offer and that you are choosing to withdraw your application from that school.

Reactions: 1 users