TMDSAS Application Timeline- Is a June 15th MCAT too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicinemindset01

Reaction score
Howdy! I am taking the MCAT on June 15th but want to know if it will be too late to be considered in the "early" pool of applicants. I would get my score back July 16th but I'll be working on my secondaries + CASPER while waiting on my score so I can submit those ASAP.

For those of you who have gone through the TMDSAS cycle, what is your opinion on submitting a primary application during the first week of June to a throwaway school to get verified, waiting for my MCAT score, and then adding more schools later? From my understanding, Texas med schools do not screen so is my goal to have everything submitted (primaries, MCAT, LORs, secondaries) by mid-July to be considered "early" or am I misunderstanding how rolling admissions works? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Howdy! I am taking the MCAT on June 15th but want to know if it will be too late to be considered in the "early" pool of applicants. I would get my score back July 16th but I'll be working on my secondaries + CASPER while waiting on my score so I can submit those ASAP.

For those of you who have gone through the TMDSAS cycle, what is your opinion on submitting a primary application during the first week of June to a throwaway school to get verified, waiting for my MCAT score, and then adding more schools later? From my understanding, Texas med schools do not screen so is my goal to have everything submitted (primaries, MCAT, LORs, secondaries) by mid-July to be considered "early" or am I misunderstanding how rolling admissions works? Thanks!
On the TMDSAS app you don't need to use that "Submit to just one school" strategy that some AMCAS applicants use.
They do that to save money while they wait for their MCAT score, and add more schools later.
Since all the TMDSAS schools can be added for one price, you might as well do it at the beginning.

Some schools may send you a secondary as soon as they receive your TMDSAS primary, but others will consider your application incomplete without an MCAT score and may put you on hold until they see your score.

Submitting your primary in June is early enough.

Reactions: 1 user