To any family doctors out there, how many skin lesions do you see in a day đź©ş?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aaryanh

Reaction score
I'm a 15-y/o trying to better understand skin cancer, and I came to know that family physicians see the majority of cases. I was recently reading an article saying that the average family doctor sees over 30 patients in one day (which seems like a lot), but I specifically wanted your estimate on how many of those patients come in with suspicious-looking lesions. Thanks.

-aaryan

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I don’t strip everyone down to do a full body exam, unless that’s what they’re coming in for. That hardly ever happens. I do ask about skin changes. If they draw my attention to a lesion, I examine it. If I happen to notice something in passing, I focus on it. Short of that, I’m not doing exactly what a dermatologist does.

Reactions: 2 users
in urgent care I see 5-10 skin complaints a day (30 patient's a day is not that many) but they come in with a specific skin complaint. I don't go fishing for lesions.