To BS or not to BS?...Pun Intended

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Sunflowers4u

This question has two parts. Firstly, I'm wondering...If you complete your prereque's in two years (or however long it may take you), and apply to pharmacy schools and don't get into any, would you reccommend to complete another year and then reapply? Or complete your BS first?
Obviously, one could just reapply and see where it goes, but I'm wondering what you guys think on a realistic level. Should he/she get her hopes up? or do pharm schools really look at applicants very differnetly within a year?

And on a personal note-
Right now i'm finishing up my first year doing pre-pharmacy at Univ at Buffalo, hoping to do a 6 year early assurance program. If anyone knows about 6 yr programs like that though, they accept very very few people, espcially compared to the number that are currently enrolled as intedened pharmacy majors. I'm getting my grades back from the first year, and so far i have a B in evolutionry bio, a B in calc, a C+ in cell bio, and most likely a high C or low B in gen. chem. These grades, mind you , are after me working very hard, and with very little of the nuturious freshman hangovers and slacking off.

Is it stupid for me to keep going with this? should i realize that all people aren't cut out for pharmacy? Or shoudl I keep going because it's something that I REALLY REALLY want?
Do i need to learn how to study better? Am I just doing something wrong, and if I fix it, can I make it through? Am i kidding myself? Should I become a communications major and move on with my life?

( :laugh: , kidding about the comm part...)But really.
Am I just BSing myself? And if so, should I keep doing it until I get my degree?

Members don't see this ad.

If you really like pharmacy, then you should not let those grades deter you.

Heck, I had a C in Physics 1, but I managed to get an A in Physics 2 :)

Anyhow, just try to keep your grades up from now on.

Don't try to take too many classes at once.