To improve more in CARS, self-study or should I get a tutor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nejikon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently scoring 65-75%, but I have been studying for months and have not seen improvement at all. Anyone have experience with CARS tutor helping them improve? or should I just keep going at it

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
From my experience, a tutor can tremendously help in anything you are weak on. However, how much you improve (if at all) depends a lot on the quality of the tutor and the amount of work you put into it. Before you commit to a tutor, I suggest using any and all resources you have at your disposal. Most specifically, focus on the AAMC CARS questions packs. If you find that you are not improving after a month of going through those passages, I suggest seeking additional help.

From my experience, a tutor can tremendously help in anything you are weak on. However, how much you improve (if at all) depends a lot on the quality of the tutor and the amount of work you put into it. Before you commit to a tutor, I suggest using any and all resources you have at your disposal. Most specifically, focus on the AAMC CARS questions packs. If you find that you are not improving after a month of going through those passages, I suggest seeking additional help.
I know the AAMC are the best resource out there, but what do you think of LSAT as an extra practice?

Reactions: 1 user