to PTs: a question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avenue Q

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

so i dont normally venture into other's forums, but i have a random medical-related question and google turned up nothing...

i dislocated my knee a while ago, and have since taped my knees when they feel particularly loose or when doing strenuous activities. i have been using tape my PT gave me, but I ran out and got some regular Johnson and Johnson's athletic tape at the pharmacy, thinking it would do the trick.

This tape comes right off! i was wondering what brands you use that you know work. my PT had given me a roll of tape to lay down on my knee (undertape?), and then another roll of different tape to pull my patella into place. do these two tapes have specail names? where can i get them? do i need to order them online? I just want some tape that sticks, is that too much to ask?

Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Embily123 said:
Hi everyone,

so i dont normally venture into other's forums, but i have a random medical-related question and google turned up nothing...

i dislocated my knee a while ago, and have since taped my knees when they feel particularly loose or when doing strenuous activities. i have been using tape my PT gave me, but I ran out and got some regular Johnson and Johnson's athletic tape at the pharmacy, thinking it would do the trick.

This tape comes right off! i was wondering what brands you use that you know work. my PT had given me a roll of tape to lay down on my knee (undertape?), and then another roll of different tape to pull my patella into place. do these two tapes have specail names? where can i get them? do i need to order them online? I just want some tape that sticks, is that too much to ask?

Thanks for any input!

It is frustrating to find that tape anywhere but in a clinic of some sort. The company that I order mine from is Beiersdorf. The brown stuff is called Leukotape and the white stuff is called Coverroll. It is very expensive. I know that our local high school ordered a case of it for taping arches and it was outrageous, but like you said, the tape needs to stick and that stuff sticks.
Good luck.