Too late this cycle? and Help with Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsk89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
AACOMAS Cgpa: 3.51, sgpa: 3.27, MCAT: 27S, 28S

First question, is it too late in the cycle to have a legitimate chance at DO acceptance this year with my stats?

Second, I was hoping if there was someone familiar with the competitiveness of the DO schools can suggest me some schools that my numbers are competitive for and also are good schools with no clinical problems (I've heard some DO schools have been having issues with this). PCOM and CCOM are a couple I've heard good things about but I'm not sure where they are in terms of numbers. Any help would be great, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Looks good to me! Should be fine this cycle. Get that app in!

PCOM AND CCOM have numbers on the higher end. I think average MCAT is about a 29 and GPA 3.6ish. DMU is also a great school I hear, with similar stats.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, not too late at all. I hope you'll apply to my COM as well.

First question, is it too late in the cycle to have a legitimate chance at DO acceptance this year with my stats?

Second, I was hoping if there was someone familiar with the competitiveness of the DO schools can suggest me some schools that my numbers are competitive for and also are good schools with no clinical problems (I've heard some DO schools have been having issues with this). PCOM and CCOM are a couple I've heard good things about but I'm not sure where they are in terms of numbers. Any help would be great, thanks!

Goro, which school do you attend?
Goro doesn't attend, he/she is an adcom at a mysterious school west of the Mississippi. there have been hints dropped every now and then as to what that specific school could be, but no one is certain. but a thumbs up from Goro is good news

You can use this as a guide

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=14341376&postcount=3

DMU and CCOM are probably out of your range but PCOM might be possible. I would say for most schools you are fine. KCOM, NSU and KCUMB are 3 established schools you'd have a good shot at.

People don't give user3 enough credit. His/her positive attitude is a breath of fresh air. Anyway your stats are better than mine and I applied. Good luck.

Last edited:
I still say TUCOM-Ca even though goro denies it.