Toronto Area MCAT Prep Courses - Need Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ludacris

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am in the process of researching different MCAT prep courses in the Toronto area to take this summer.

I am interested in either the Prep101 course or Princeton Review.

On the Prep101 website, they have a comparison of different MCAT prep courses: http://www.prep101.com/mcat/mcat_comparison.html. According to that... Prep101 is vastly superior to any other course.

I was wondering if someone knows which one is better or are they both pretty much the same?

To prepare, I'm planning on taking a course as well as listening to the EK Audio Osmosis CDs. Taking the entire summer off.. starting to study on Monday (May 7) and I'm scheduled to write on August 9th in Syracuse, NY.

Surprisingly, EVERY spot in Ontario is taken in August/September already... it's crazy!

Thanks! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone with any advice? I want to register for one today...

I personally think Kaplan and Princeton are the best. If you are weak with verbal then go with Princeton. Otherwise stick with Kaplan. Kaplan gives you less class time, but let's be honest. A lot of the studying that is done for MCAT will be outside of class, and you have to take an independent and active role. Kaplan also has tons of resources which Princeton lacks. However, a lot of people have complained about Kaplans verbal, and how it is not representative of the real MCAT. So if you are weak in verbal, then I would go with Princeton.

As for prep101, they say on the chart that Princeton does not use official AAMC computer-based MCATs. That is not true. As a manner of fact, the last two diagnostics are official AAMCs. Choice of Weeknight or Weekend classes is kinda flawed. Both Princeton and Kaplan give you the choice of doing the classes during the day at night, but not weekend. But lets be honest, how much can you do in 2 days and giving classes on the weekend is really not a good idea. Not sure what a booster subject is, so I won't comment on it. Follow-up Email contact with instructor, you will rarely use it. And usually instructors do reply back.

I would go on critiquing their chart, but at the end the prep company is as good as the material that it offers you. It's study guide, it's practice material etc. I have seen their posters but don't know anyone who has taken it, so I can't comment on that. If you can find out from people how the material is and you like everything, then go ahead with it.