Touro NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who had an interview in Jan received an email??

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat. Will be sending my app out today.

Anyone here receive an interview invite recently?? When did you guys apply?

I have an interview on Feb 25, and it's looked like the process really quick.
I submitted pharmcas on Jan 13 and sent out my supp later on.
I received the email from them to confirm about my supp application on Jan 31.
Status update: Feb 12
Interview invitation: Feb 14
Hope it help !!!

Jan decision is out, I am accepted, but Im gonna give up my seat and stay in Cal :) wish you guys the best

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
yesterday, Jan 19th

Reactions: 1 users
yesterday, Jan 19th
do you know if everyone who interviewed in Jan, will receive an email decision at the same time? because I interviewed in Jan as well.

do you know if everyone who interviewed in Jan, will receive an email decision at the same time? because I interviewed in Jan as well.
I think they would take at least 2 weeks to make decision. So don't worry, they will let you know for sure :)

I need to get as much sleep as i can before school starts. Who's in???

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I also received my acceptance email on Feb. 19th. I had my interview on Jan. 28th.

I also received my acceptance email on Feb. 19th. I had my interview on Jan. 28th.

Congrats. I also received my acceptance email as well, but it was on Feb 21. Would you be accepting the offer?

Congrats. I also received my acceptance email as well, but it was on Feb 21. Would you be accepting the offer?

Yes, I'm going with Touro. Congrats to you too! Will you be attending Touro too?

Hey for those that plan on attending Touro in the Fall, the semester starts early this year fyi. I'm talking abt beginning of Aug. I need to buckle down and plan my schedule accordingly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey for those that plan on attending Touro in the Fall, the semester starts early this year fyi. I'm talking abt beginning of Aug. I need to buckle down and plan my schedule accordingly.

Wow, really? how did you find out?

I talk to people

So we're talking about longer semesters...hm

And shorter break. This year my summer is getting shorter than I expected. Those extra 2 weeks mean everything to me including the summer's sunlight, breezes, sounds of the crickets, beach, sleeping in the parks, jogging outside. Those special moments are getting shorter and shorter…

And shorter break. This year my summer is getting shorter than I expected. Those extra 2 weeks mean everything to me including the summer's sunlight, breezes, sounds of the crickets, beach, sleeping in the parks, jogging outside. Those special moments are getting shorter and shorter…

I guess we need to enjoy this six months as much as possible. Do you know the exact date of when the fall semester is going to begin? I was planning on going away.

I guess we need to enjoy this six months as much as possible. Do you know the exact date of when the fall semester is going to begin? I was planning on going away.

5 months now. Feb is almost over… They said the Fall semester starts as early as beginning of Aug…

anyone notice the NAPLEX pass rates for touro are really shakey....???
a 80% to 70% pass rate from 2012 to 2013...is making me have second thoughts about this school...
im just saying.

anyone notice the NAPLEX pass rates for touro are really shakey....???
a 80% to 70% pass rate from 2012 to 2013...is making me have second thoughts about this school...
im just saying.
Hey yeah I saw the scores too and it dropped down a lot. It makes me wonder what's going on with touro and why it got lower.. Is it the curriculum or the students? Idk it is a concern to me too.. +_+

Hey yeah I saw the scores too and it dropped down a lot. It makes me wonder what's going on with touro and why it got lower.. Is it the curriculum or the students? Idk it is a concern to me too.. +_+
I havent paid my deposit yet... Maybe i could look else where to go to school..

Hmmmmm

Students. They don't come to classes and cheat their ways through the exams. Can't help that. They're willing to burn $$$ to the school, their choice, their lives. Can't do anything abt it.

Students. They don't come to classes and cheat their ways through the exams. Can't help that. They're willing to burn $$$ to the school, their choice, their lives. Can't do anything abt it.

really? how did you hear about this? (i'm just curious)

really? how did you hear about this? (i'm just curious)

People fr the class, and the graduatings. Its sad that those individuals got that far into their career and still thinking cheating their ways through is gonna work in their favors down the road… and I heard there're students that have English as second language don't do well on the exams too.

People fr the class, and the graduatings. Its sad that those individuals got that far into their career and still thinking cheating their ways through is gonna work in their favors down the road… and I heard there're students that have English as second language don't do well on the exams too.

I see. I guess that makes more sense. But yeah cheating is def not the way to go to get through in life. I guess it should be okay for the other students who actually study and take their pharm education seriously. But what about the students with English as a second language? Wouldn't that apply to all the pharmacy schools then? I'm pretty sure half the students per class at each pharm school have English as their second language.. Just my thoughts.

I see. I guess that makes more sense. But yeah cheating is def not the way to go to get through in life. I guess it should be okay for the other students who actually study and take their pharm education seriously. But what about the students with English as a second language? Wouldn't that apply to all the pharmacy schools then? I'm pretty sure half the students per class at each pharm school have English as their second language.. Just my thoughts.

You answered your own question already. They didn't take the NAPLEX seriously enough. The joke is on them and the school has to pay a steep price bc the students didn't do their parts. The school still got their $$$ anyway.

You answered your own question already. They didn't take the NAPLEX seriously enough. The joke is on them and the school has to pay a steep price bc the students didn't do their parts. The school still got their $$$ anyway.

As I remember. The school has some changes in their curriculum, is that correct? I'm very sad to hear that people cheat in pharm school. That's so wrong

When I went to the interview, one student mentioned about the NAPLEX rates and the ambassador said because students weren't as prepared enough and just signed up to take it to see how it was. But now, they will require students to take practice exams and if they do well on the practice exam, they will be allowed to sign up for the real NAPLEX.

As I remember. The school has some changes in their curriculum, is that correct? I'm very sad to hear that people cheat in pharm school. That's so wrong

Changes in curriculum in terms of? They're still doing 2+2 last time i check. They're adding the requirement for students to take the RxPrep before they can sign up for NAPLEX.

okay sweet. heres another question...how comfortable are you guys with the steep tuition? 77k a year? holy YIKES! i mean i really have interest in this school but are you guys really about to pull about 320k worth of loans out as well?

just wondering how you everyone else is dealing with it.

When I went to the interview, one student mentioned about the NAPLEX rates and the ambassador said because students weren't as prepared enough and just signed up to take it to see how it was. But now, they will require students to take practice exams and if they do well on the practice exam, they will be allowed to sign up for the real NAPLEX.
Although some students think it's unnecessary, I think it's a good way to solve the current problem. I think it also shows the school actually cares about its quality

77k is the est. # realisticly, unless u wanna live in ues, then yea, thats what it costs to live in the city, but as student, i dont need to pay over 2k for an apt just bc i happen to go school in one of the most expensive city in the world. And as far as transportation goes, the mta works just fine for me. Millions of ppl past and present are doing it. Hey its more convenient to use it once u figure it out, than driving. Driving in the city raise my bp, and can ruin my daily routines as bad as stepping on dog poops on the street. And food wise, i can pull ramen noodles every now and then, and i can find affordable foods around the city as low as $5/meal. Call me cheap, or whatever, but hey its student's life. I cant afford restaurant foods everyday of the week. The tuition is the only thing i cant get away with. Other things, i can swing even as low as 1k/month including everything. Rent, foods, metro card, laundry, msc expenses

Changes in curriculum in terms of? They're still doing 2+2 last time i check. They're adding the requirement for students to take the RxPrep before they can sign up for NAPLEX.

Yes, I meant the RxPrep. Sorry for the confusion

77k is the est. # realisticly, unless u wanna live in ues, then yea, thats what it costs to live in the city, but as student, i dont need to pay over 2k for an apt just bc i happen to go school in one of the most expensive city in the world. And as far as transportation goes, the mta works just fine for me. Millions of ppl past and present are doing it. Hey its more convenient to use it once u figure it out, than driving. Driving in the city raise my bp, and can ruin my daily routines as bad as stepping on dog poops on the street. And food wise, i can pull ramen noodles every now and then, and i can find affordable foods around the city as low as $5/meal. Call me cheap, or whatever, but hey its student's life. I cant afford restaurant foods everyday of the week. The tuition is the only thing i cant get away with. Other things, i can swing even as low as 1k/month including everything. Rent, foods, metro card, laundry, msc expenses

That's great to hear. I was always wondering about living expenses. My main concerns at the moment are transportation and food. $5/meal, sounds awesome to me actually. I expected the price to be higher, but if you know any place that have goods for lower price, please share it with me since I'm trying to plan everything ahead :)

That's great to hear. I was always wondering about living expenses. My main concerns at the moment are transportation and food. $5/meal, sounds awesome to me actually. I expected the price to be higher, but if you know any place that have goods for lower price, please share it with me since I'm trying to plan everything ahead :)

Yea, like i said, use the mta. Its built for helping ppl to get around more conveniently and quickly. Its more reliable than the taxi if you ask me. Mta is a fixed price based on daily, weekly or monthly once u get the unltd, meaning u can take as many rides as u need to daily. I prefer the expresspay setup, which they automatically charge ur credit/debit card ea month when the card is due. That way u dont have to worry abt refilling ur card at the tix booth everytime it runs out. Nothing annoys me more than worrying abt recharging my metro card. Affordable foods are all over the city, esp in harlem, big hispanic population up there, very diverse, so they offer good foods on student's budget also.

Yea, like i said, use the mta. Its built for helping ppl to get around more conveniently and quickly. Its more reliable than the taxi if you ask me. Mta is a fixed price based on daily, weekly or monthly once u get the unltd, meaning u can take as many rides as u need to daily. I prefer the expresspay setup, which they automatically charge ur credit/debit card ea month when the card is due. That way u dont have to worry abt refilling ur card at the tix booth everytime it runs out. Nothing annoys me more than worrying abt recharging my metro card. Affordable foods are all over the city, esp in harlem, big hispanic population up there, very diverse, so they offer good foods on student's budget also.

Thank you for sharing. I'll try to find those places once I come to New York :)

Ues??
Okay cool. But i wanna know how u find cheap places to rent for 1k and under. Food wise i agree with you! I dont eat expensive as it is anyway! And driving in nyc would be the biggest waste of money lmao

Ues??
Okay cool. But i wanna know how u find cheap places to rent for 1k and under. Food wise i agree with you! I dont eat expensive as it is anyway! And driving in nyc would be the biggest waste of money lmao
I have the same question as well. Also, do you live far away from school? Is it a studio or regular apartment?

So youre saying i could pay up to 1 k in everything i could do to live there and pay for school?
So thatd be pretty nice !!

School is 39k plus keeping everything under 1k is a STEAL!

Ues = upper east side. I know there're students who live in the other boroughs and they commute, some lives 10' away fr the school. But for cheaper price, you have to willing to travel. Its abt supply and demand.

Hi guys!
I'm also in NY Queens area and still waiting for the result. I am hoping to hear from them sometime this or next week.
I see many of you are concerned about housing. Rent under 1k is not impossible but very rare unless you decide to share, have roommates. I am going to be traveling from queens and it takes about 1.5hr +/- 15min. To me this isn't a big deal bc I grew up here, I went to high school and college that took me appx an hour or little more so I am so used to this. In Queens, I would suggest looking into apt in Astoria bc that area is the closest part of queens to nyc so it will only take you about 30 min to get to school. also a nice area where I saw many friends of mine from outofstate lived for a while during school. I hope this helps someone!

okay awesome! now the next question is WHO needs a roommate :)
Hi guys!
I'm also in NY Queens area and still waiting for the result. I am hoping to hear from them sometime this or next week.
I see many of you are concerned about housing. Rent under 1k is not impossible but very rare unless you decide to share, have roommates. I am going to be traveling from queens and it takes about 1.5hr +/- 15min. To me this isn't a big deal bc I grew up here, I went to high school and college that took me appx an hour or little more so I am so used to this. In Queens, I would suggest looking into apt in Astoria bc that area is the closest part of queens to nyc so it will only take you about 30 min to get to school. also a nice area where I saw many friends of mine from outofstate lived for a while during school. I hope this helps someone!

has anyone that interviewed in early February get a decision yet?

has anyone that interviewed in early February get a decision yet?
They usually email everyone who interviewed within the same month the results during the second week of the following month. Good luck!

Has anyone that got accepted received immunization request from the school? I heard they would ask this information in March but i'm not sure

They usually email everyone who interviewed within the same month the results during the second week of the following month. Good luck!
I also called the admissions office and the lady told me it would be next week.

I have a qs to ask you guys. what are your plans regarding paying off your tuition loans? any specific ideas...? just curious.