TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys! i was accepted touro middletown masters, still waiting for the harlem decision. is anyone else crazy worried about the GPA requirement/ the fact that the masters is curved? i heard it depends on other students grades in the class? if anyone could provide me with some more info about this i would appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys yeah I’m wondering the same I heard there are about 35-40 seats and the program starts with many more people

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think Fall will be online?
The last email they sent out for summer classes made it seem like they are in the works for preparing for an online fall semester. Honestly, it would be tough doing it online but at the same time I wouldn't have to move and pay rent lol

Anyone planning on applying this cycle? I've been thinking about it just to have some backup plans in case I don't matriculate after the master's program

@amateurDR im not applying this cycle bc my mcat is 497, sgpa 3.0 and cgpa 3.25 so im not good enough for med schools this cycle so im depending on the masters

Did you guys register as of yet? I sent my immunization ppt but haven't been registered as of yet?

Did you guys register as of yet? I sent my immunization ppt but haven't been registered as of yet?
I think the registration will be sent a few weeks before the actually date. Right now, it seems like the Fall semester will also be Online since I remember they said that they're experimenting with online laboratory delivery. This sucks

Reactions: 1 user
What made you guys pick Touro over other linkage programs?

Hi, so I just finished the MS program at Harlem May 1st and will be matriculating to DO class this fall. There were many reasons for my decision to choose this program. I had already taken the MCAT twice and hadn't broken the 500 score. My GPA was below 3.3. This MS program didn't require you to retake the MCAT. Of course, you had to hit the 3.45 GPA and pass the comprehensive final at the end of the year. The sole reason I chose this program was that I knew if I completed the program I wouldn't have to retake the MCAT.... which I strongly was dreading. The other reason was that it ensured direct matriculation to medical school the following semester. So there was no concern for having to interview or take a gap year. Another reason was that, as an MS student, you are taking medical school classes alongside OMS-1s. However, you are graded against your MS class. I thought this was a neat program because you're essentially showing TouroCOM that you can handle the rigor of medical school. Honestly, this program was my last resort. I was already in the 2018-2019 cycle and had been rejected by every school. Disclaimer: I was advised by the interviewer that it would be cheaper to take the MCAT again but my confidence in getting a score above 500 was shaken. Oddly enough, my confidence to successfully meet the requirements was so strong and unwavering, I decided to invest in myself and pay to do this program. It's not cheap so understand that by committing to this program you better matriculate.

Hope that helps! Feel free to DM.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi all, I have an interview soon for the Middletown program, does anyone have any insights on what to expect at the interview. It's over zoom and only 20 mins long. Thank you!

Hi all, I have an interview soon for the Middletown program, does anyone have any insights on what to expect at the interview. It's over zoom and only 20 mins long. Thank you!
1) Know you application. You will be asked about any flags.
2) Be honest but prepared to answer typical questions like "why us?" "why DO?" "why not another field?", etc.
3) Have fun, look them in the eyes. Seriously, they're quite nice from my experience. Doesn't hurt to show that you can communicate like a normal human being (no script reading)
4) Have question for them
5) SEND A THANK YOU LETTER after interview (I sent mine the day after)

Good luck :)

1) Know you application. You will be asked about any flags.
2) Be honest but prepared to answer typical questions like "why us?" "why DO?" "why not another field?", etc.
3) Have fun, look them in the eyes. Seriously, they're quite nice from my experience. Doesn't hurt to show that you can communicate like a normal human being (no script reading)
4) Have question for them
5) SEND A THANK YOU LETTER after interview (I sent mine the day after)

Good luck :)
Thank you!! So it seems like its a conversational interview rather than a more robot-like one! Cool.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted to the MS Harlem program! But I’m still on their waitlist for the DO school and LECOM’s waitlist. Is anyone in a similar boat and trying to figure out what to do with looking to move?

For those of you who interviewed at Harlem, how long did it take to receive a decision? I just had my interview and @selfempoweredsoul it was a fun and conversational interview on my end!

Does anyone know if classes will be online or in person in the fall?
I asked my interview committee this and they said that it will be a hybridized curriculum. Their curriculum is already a flipped classroom for lectures. I'm not so sure on how they'll go about the clickers that they would have done in person. I think that they're going to have labs in-person. Maybe someone that just completed the program can tell us how classes went earlier this year?

Reactions: 1 users
I asked my interview committee this and they said that it will be a hybridized curriculum. Their curriculum is already a flipped classroom for lectures. I'm not so sure on how they'll go about the clickers that they would have done in person. I think that they're going to have labs in-person. Maybe someone that just completed the program can tell us how classes went earlier this year?
Clicker's became online quizzes on canvas. 2-3 attempts.

For those of you who interviewed at Harlem, how long did it take to receive a decision? I just had my interview and @selfempoweredsoul it was a fun and conversational interview on my end!
Thank you, my interview also went well! I got a decision about a week later. I will be going to Middletown! I'm looking into housing options now, I know dorms are very convenient-time efficient.

But is anyone still looking for housing outside of campus?

Last edited:
I just got accepted to the MS Harlem program! But I’m still on their waitlist for the DO school and LECOM’s waitlist. Is anyone in a similar boat and trying to figure out what to do with looking to move?
I'm still waitlisted at a program in California but decided to take the masters route to have some stability. I hope you get some answers soon.

Have any students here attended TOURO MS program and have been accepted into the medical school? Do you guys have any tips or advice or anything to add about your experience?

I can tell you from friends who attended the MS program, two have matriculated into their DO program. A few caveats about the MS program,
it is extremely rigorous. I will give you the good and the bad. If you have over a 500 on your MCAT and a decent GPA, avoid this program.

The Good:
1) There are wonderful students you will meet and will be your friends for life. Find a group of students that work with your mission and stick with them.
2) Faculty for the most part are solid.
3) Anatomy is hard but the instructors are wonderful

The Bad:

1) The grades you get are on a CURVE. For example, if the average for Histology is 95, then that equates to a B Average (3.0). So Unfortunately, it is to your advantage if your classmates do poorly. They do this because they can only accept about 30 students in their DO program from the MS program.
2) The program will cost about $30,000. There is no grant-based financial aid. You are on your own in that department. They will tell you to take loans out.
3) There have been alleged instances of cheating in this program because of the intense competition. Exams can be online given the pandemic.
4) Dean for the MS program is unresponsive to emails.
5) Administration there is a disaster, they can lose your application material.
6) You have to learn a lot on your own, so you are really just paying $30000 for an opportunity to get into their med school.

Hi!
I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if it's still viable for me to apply to the masters program at Harlem with my stats:
uGPA: 2.5
postbacc: 3.6
MCAT: 505 (retaking soon)
I have worked in 2 labs (optometry and psych), have 1000+ hours of scribing, volunteering, and shadowing

hey guys! i was accepted touro middletown masters, still waiting for the harlem decision. is anyone else crazy worried about the GPA requirement/ the fact that the masters is curved? i heard it depends on other students grades in the class? if anyone could provide me with some more info about this i would appreciate it!
The curve at Touro can work against you. Only a set number of students can get into the DO program. You have an advantage if your fellow peers do poorly against you. However, there are good classmates who are supportive. The 4.0, 3.0, and 2.0 is based on class averages. Usually one or two standard deviations above the mean is an "A". However if the average for Histology is a 95 average. Then that equates to a 3.0 and it is not numerically possible to get a 4.0.
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if it's still viable for me to apply to the masters program at Harlem with my stats:
uGPA: 2.5
postbacc: 3.6
MCAT: 505 (retaking soon)
I have worked in 2 labs (optometry and psych), have 1000+ hours of scribing, volunteering, and shadowing
505 and that postbacc gpa makes you competitive for DO programs.

Hello! Has anyone completed this program with a child? Have spoken to some students but haven't met any parents so far.

Hey I recently got accepted to middletown and have an interview with harlem coming up... Can I say yes to one campus for now and change my answer if I need to later on?

im in the program right now. Classes have been completely virtual... I have been doing everything from home in michigan. its been insanely challenging. I am not sure how students are doing so well haha but the averages are so high and its impossible make a good grade (to me). I will not be matriculating into the program because won't meet the cutoff so I ended up retaking my MCAT last month and applied to a few DO schools late.

I was very excited to join this program and I dont want to burst anyones bubble, but this program is no joke, the stakes are HIGH, even if you receive decent passing grades for a regular medical school since you are graded against other students, its very difficult to get that A-/A. I made all B/B- last semester :( so if you are considering this program, be prepared to adjust to the learning curve, stay on top of it to be on the very top. I really hope you guys have in person classes this fall

^^ Totally agree with this. I'm currently in the program right now as well and really wish that we did not have classes online. Zoom classes/online exams are a totally different ballgame and if you currently live at home, it is extra challenging! Also be prepared to do well on EVERY exam, there honestly is no room for error with such intense competition.

Best of luck to every one and PM me with any questions :)

Last edited:
I’m not in the touro masters But yeah you can ask if you can accept both masters seats and pick later I believe, talk to the coordinators....I got into both and declined both

I don’t know who needs to hear this. But I know you’re considering this program because you believe all hope is lost with getting into medschool. But I wanna tell you that nothing will make you feel more hopeless than a year of this Godforsaken program. Go back to previous comments where I got into arguments with previous students about this program because I was so so niave. Well, previous students are always right. I know you think you’re running out of time and options, and this program is your saving grace. Well, that is exactly the sick bait they use to draw in and destroy otherwise very bright individuals (especially minorities). 2 years of purgatory (postbacc or regular masters) is better than 1 year of hell (this program). Don’t let the temptation of being done on time or the pressure of getting into medschool within a specific period tempt you into trying this program out. Individuals who make it in via this program actually belong at Harvard Medical School or some other Ivy league and are being robbed by settling at a mediocre (and rigged) DO program; because those individuals are the brightest, most intelligent people in this world. Enter at your own risk, but just know that these administrators and professors will break you and not bat an eye simply because you are a puny master’s student, Lmaooooo.

May the odds be ever in your favor. 🤧🤧

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Taking a year to study and retake the MCATs will pay you way more than this program. Don’t let the devil tempt you.

Reactions: 3 users
I just had my interview for the Middleton campus so let me share what I found out. The start date for the program this year is July 26th and needs to be in person. All of the classes for the fall will be virtual but the anatomy lab will be in person. They like people to live in the dorms, but it is only for single people (I am married so that's a no go). Middleton has a population of about 30,000 and the campus is more rural with not a lot around to do. Only about 25 students out of 60-70 total actually make the 3.45 GPA and get into the DO program. Another 5-10 people tend to get in through the interview and submitting the AACOMAS. It is easier to get B's with the curve so students are likely to graduate (3.00 requirement to receive degree) but A's are very difficult to get with the curve. As for hearing back about a decision, the committee meets every Wednesday to discuss the new interviews and decisions are usually sent out a week after that.

The person I interviewed with is the assistant director for the program and it seemed like a lot of her opinions were pretty biased in trying to put everything in a better light. At the same time, she was pretty unprofessional with interrupting me several times during my answers. At one point she got mad that I was not being specific enough with one of my answers which really did not help with trying to come up with examples. She also went on a little rant about how many interviews she has had to do this year. Based on the past posts to this thread, it seems like most people had a good interview experience though so maybe it was only me. If anyone wants to know more about the interview structure, feel free to DM me.

I was initially pretty excited about this program when I applied. The website does not mention anything about the curved classes and how many students actually get in so thankfully I saw this thread before my interview when trying to find out more about the program. With the past student experiences and the extreme competition it does not seem like the best option for a postbac/masters program. The cost is 25,000 dollars, a year of your life, a lot of stress and no free time, all to get the chance at making the conditional acceptance which is somewhere between a 33-50% chance. With the downward curve of grades, this program will not help you improve your GPA for applying to medical schools and may actually decrease it in some cases. This means if you don't get in, your application is the same/worse than if you had done another program. Considering this, I do not think I will accept and offer if I get one. I hope this helps everyone with trying to be more informed about their options!

Reactions: 4 users
I just had my interview for the Middleton campus so let me share what I found out. The start date for the program this year is July 26th and needs to be in person. All of the classes for the fall will be virtual but the anatomy lab will be in person. They like people to live in the dorms, but it is only for single people (I am married so that's a no go). Middleton has a population of about 30,000 and the campus is more rural with not a lot around to do. Only about 25 students out of 60-70 total actually make the 3.45 GPA and get into the DO program. Another 5-10 people tend to get in through the interview and submitting the AACOMAS. It is easier to get B's with the curve so students are likely to graduate (3.00 requirement to receive degree) but A's are very difficult to get with the curve. As for hearing back about a decision, the committee meets every Wednesday to discuss the new interviews and decisions are usually sent out a week after that.

The person I interviewed with is the assistant director for the program and it seemed like a lot of her opinions were pretty biased in trying to put everything in a better light. At the same time, she was pretty unprofessional with interrupting me several times during my answers. At one point she got mad that I was not being specific enough with one of my answers which really did not help with trying to come up with examples. She also went on a little rant about how many interviews she has had to do this year. Based on the past posts to this thread, it seems like most people had a good interview experience though so maybe it was only me. If anyone wants to know more about the interview structure, feel free to DM me.

I was initially pretty excited about this program when I applied. The website does not mention anything about the curved classes and how many students actually get in so thankfully I saw this thread before my interview when trying to find out more about the program. With the past student experiences and the extreme competition it does not seem like the best option for a postbac/masters program. The cost is 25,000 dollars, a year of your life, a lot of stress and no free time, all to get the chance at making the conditional acceptance which is somewhere between a 33-50% chance. With the downward curve of grades, this program will not help you improve your GPA for applying to medical schools and may actually decrease it in some cases. This means if you don't get in, your application is the same/worse than if you had done another program. Considering this, I do not think I will accept and offer if I get one. I hope this helps everyone with trying to be more informed about their options!

Just want to point out that the 25 out of 60-70 is actually another lie that they blatantly tell!! I swear this should be illegal, lmaooo. The program generally starts with a whopping 110 students. This is a money making machine and we are their cash cows 🤣🤣🤣!! Only about a quarter of the students get in.

Think about it mathematically, you need above 1 SD to get an A and above 0.5 SD to get an A-. That will without fail always be only 25-30 percent of the class regardless of how well you all are doing. They also don’t forgive missing the cut off by 0.1 or even 0.00000000001 because it will throw off their system. They don’t tell you this till at least 2 weeks after you start the program when your financial and academic commitment has solidified.

It is a typical, conman, bait and switch tactic.

By the second semester there was about 95 of us left and still only about 33 got it. They rejected people with 3.44s and 3.43s even in light of the pandemic. They were lenient with DOs but not masters! If you want to be considered via accomas, you still need as least a 504 on the MCATs or they’ll reject you again😩😩.

Starting a new thread for Harlem MS 2021-2022. Who wants to be my study buddy / cry buddy for the upcoming year? I've seen enough negative posts about this program, but yet.. here I am lol. First of all, anyone else receive an email for the summer courses in embryology, histology, and anatomy? It's suppose to prep us for the actual intensive courses this fall.... but.. this seems like a red flag?

Starting a new thread for Harlem MS 2021-2022. Who wants to be my study buddy / cry buddy for the upcoming year? I've seen enough negative posts about this program, but yet.. here I am lol. First of all, anyone else receive an email for the summer courses in embryology, histology, and anatomy? It's suppose to prep us for the actual intensive courses this fall.... but.. this seems like a red flag?
I took the anatomy course and it was a waste of money, lol. just relax in the summer before the year, you won't regret it and will miss the free time. when I took the anatomy course in the summer last year, it was completely disorganized (given the quick transition to online format) and we did not receive a lab portion like we should have (given the original description and the FEE OF THE COURSE LOL). Also, what they do not tell you is that the summer course is ONLY the first exam content....and they didnt even give us a lab portion...FYI there are THREE anatomy exams and practicals in the semester. so yeah just don't do it bc im assuming its online this year too.

and the (my) negative comments are not negative. just honest ones, trying to save you from hell lol

Reactions: 5 users
I took the anatomy course and it was a waste of money, lol. just relax in the summer before the year, you won't regret it and will miss the free time. when I took the anatomy course in the summer last year, it was completely disorganized (given the quick transition to online format) and we did not receive a lab portion like we should have (given the original description and the FEE OF THE COURSE LOL). Also, what they do not tell you is that the summer course is ONLY the first exam content....and they didnt even give us a lab portion...FYI there are THREE anatomy exams and practicals in the semester. so yeah just don't do it bc im assuming its online this year too.

and the (my) negative comments are not negative. just honest ones, trying to save you from hell lol
Thanks so much! I was so not considering it because I did not want to burn myself out before the semester even began. I'm grateful for the honesty haha. Also, do you mind if I ask how you did? Any recommendations on how to do well? If you want, we can discuss this on private chat. Or if you do not want to, that is also fine lol

Hi! I’m also starting this fall! I’ve started a thread already (I think if you click on my name it’ll show). Would love to be study/crying partners lol. 33%-50% make it. Let’s try to out our heads down, focus, and be part of that.

is anyone having trouble with step one of the enrollment process? I'm having trouble selecting "I accept STUDENT_POLICY" on the terms of use page.

is anyone having trouble with step one of the enrollment process? I'm having trouble selecting "I accept STUDENT_POLICY" on the terms of use page.
Figured it out. Just change browser.. I switched to Mozilla Firefox.

Last edited:
Hi! I’m also starting this fall! I’ve started a thread already (I think if you click on my name it’ll show). Would love to be study/crying partners lol. 33%-50% make it. Let’s try to out our heads down, focus, and be part of that.
Hi I can use some study buddies too. I’m planning on doing the master’s this fall. Would love it if we all can connect!

What made you guys pick Touro over other linkage programs?
Direct matriculation. MCAT and undgrad GPA doesn't count, if you get 3.45 GPA in the masters and Pass the comprehensive exam at the year. Also, you're retaking mostly the same classes MS and 1st year. This structure set me apart from my peers during 1st year.

Kinda random, but can anyone provide any insight if the campus gym at Touro-Harlem is any good?

Read so much, but 1) how intense are the exams since they’re online now?
2) What type of exams are they? Are they multiple choice?
3) Also, does the school use proctors for exams if they are online?
4) what type of exam is the comprehensive exam?
Have a 3.7ish close to 3.8 GPA but took the mcat 5 times with 491 as the highest even gotten interviews but waitlisted and now rejected and now I’m considering this.

5) how hard is the comprehensive exam?
6) how many students matriculate to their DO school?
7) is Carribean schools a better option?
8) can I see a syllabus for the courses please?