TPR class in UCLA or USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TRINITRON

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need an opinion from anyone who took TPR in UCLA area.
I know there are two different locations, one on westwood blvd and the other on Le Conte.
Does anybody can tell me which site is taught by better teachers?
or are they just the same?
My friend at USC said their TPR class had real good teachers, but that's a long drive+ traffic.
Any feedback from USC people who took the course?

thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

I took the UCLA on Leconte one last Spring...Are you doing the accelerated or extended class?

If you are doing the extended class, defintely take it at the TPR main office on Westwood. They have free parking.

I think the instructors are the same for the two UCLA locations...I don't know about USC. I am pretty sure they are the same... You should call Gus at the westwood office and ask him. He is really nice.

Good Luck

LT8R said:
I took the UCLA on Leconte one last Spring...Are you doing the accelerated or extended class?

If you are doing the extended class, defintely take it at the TPR main office on Westwood. They have free parking.

I think the instructors are the same for the two UCLA locations...I don't know about USC. I am pretty sure they are the same... You should call Gus at the westwood office and ask him. He is really nice.

Good Luck

Thank you for your info.

By the way, I am going to take accelerated class in JAN.
Can you tell me more about the teachers, were they any good and helpful?
Are they students like us?

Thank you

I had the USC course. The Physics teacher was a Ph.D. from Caltech and he was just awesome. The Ochem and Chem teacher was also very good and 1st year meds on summer break. The Bio (who was very funny) and WS teacher left a lot to be desired.

But I think the location is better and parking is very accessible on USC versus the nightmare giant of UCLA. I walked around USC at night and despite what you've heard about the campus, its not that bad.