TPR Diagnostic Tests vs. AAMC Self Assessment Package?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sma717

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm studying to retake the MCAT because I was unhappy with my score from June. I have every resource imaginable except AAMC's Self Assessment Package. I did take Princeton Review's Hyperlearning course and they offer subject diagnostic tests, that I did not end up having time to complete. I was wondering if anyone has experience with both or either of these products, and if so, if they are similar, if the Self Assessment Package is worth buying or if TPRH diagnostic tests are worth completing.

Also, if anyone has any tips for re-takers, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm having some difficulty trying to figure out what materials to focus on and what I need to do differently so that by the beginning of September I will be able to get my score up to where I want it to be. I was scoring 30s on the practice AAMCs before my exam and ended up doing much worse, which I'm positive had to do with my timing because I was unable to get to the last passage in every subject. Like I said, I have all of Kaplan, EK, TBR, TPRH books and access to all of the AAMC practice exams.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I thought it was incredibly helpful. My score went up 4 points on the test directly after doing those assessments and reviewing them.

I thought it was incredibly helpful. My score went up 4 points on the test directly after doing those assessments and reviewing them.

Yep. Anybody who's serious about scoring well should purchase and work through all the Self-Assessments. I found them immensely helpful as well.