TPR ICC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Uafl112

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do the bio passages compare to the real deal?

Members don't see this ad.

Much harder than the real thing, but remember, the ICC isn't meant for self-study. It was written as an in-class workbook that teachers can use to teach the strategic thinking involved with MCAT passages. So it's not a bad resource, but it's also not quite the level of difficulty you're likely to see on any full-length AAMC practice test or the real thing. PR Science Workbook is a much more solid resource (plus has way more questions on all of the sciences) and more "realistic" if that's what you're looking for.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't say "much harder." That's such an overused pair of words for the MCAT. I would say it is less straightforward in regards to the AAMC and how the questions are made and more on the line of heavy critical thinking, which is why I take a minute or two longer to finish an ICC passage set. I only did a couple but I found them reasonably challenging and checking my answers by searching all over the web from different sources helped me reenforce some concepts. I still think the most difficult passages are found in the TPR online FLs. For sections, I think the Kaplan Topical and Section PS tests are ridiculously hard. I would say ICC trumps in difficulty in their BS section, with the Kaplan section tests (not the topicals, they are not as hard) coming in as second.

I wouldn't say "much harder." That's such an overused pair of words for the MCAT. I would say it is less straightforward in regards to the AAMC and how the questions are made and more on the line of heavy critical thinking, which is why I take a minute or two longer to finish an ICC passage set. I only did a couple but I found them reasonably challenging and checking my answers by searching all over the web from different sources helped me reenforce some concepts. I still think the most difficult passages are found in the TPR online FLs. For sections, I think the Kaplan Topical and Section PS tests are ridiculously hard. I would say ICC trumps in difficulty in their BS section, with the Kaplan section tests (not the topicals, they are not as hard) coming in as second.

Would you recommend completing TPRH SWB before doing TPRH ICC?

How did you guys feel about ICC verbal? Is it me, or are the passages too easy?