TPR only??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys gotten a mid 30s score (like 34 and up) using only TPR materials? Or did you need to supplement?

Members don't see this ad.

I managed to pull of a 34Q. I used TPR, but I supplemented with EK 101 verbal. Some might disagree with me, but I found that TPR's verbal didn't quite catch the convoluted subtleties of the real verbal section. But that's just my $.02 worth

How good do you guys think the princeton work book is?

What about TPR bio? The TPR bio seems very limited and simple. Is the mcat bio really that basic?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone willing to share or sell the AAMC #9 with solutions?

coming from an experienced MCAT teacher, TPR materials are more than extensive in covering the material. it just comes to test taking after that. I personally went from a 24 to a 35, but i'm a good test taker. not everyone improves that much, but it's not because they didn't have enough materials. the books give you everything you need, but most people don't learn that material well enough. you need to have it down, and that means preparing months in advance and really knowing it well, not just looking at it once through.

if you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

NRAI2001 said:
Have any of you guys gotten a mid 30s score (like 34 and up) using only TPR materials? Or did you need to supplement?

Fleeto46 said:
coming from an experienced MCAT teacher, TPR materials are more than extensive in covering the material. it just comes to test taking after that. I personally went from a 24 to a 35, but i'm a good test taker. not everyone improves that much, but it's not because they didn't have enough materials. the books give you everything you need, but most people don't learn that material well enough. you need to have it down, and that means preparing months in advance and really knowing it well, not just looking at it once through.

if you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Thank you for your offer. I may contact you later. :thumbup: