TPR or Kaplan MCAT course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TigerLilies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between the two? Which course do you think is more worth it?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

ugh i am between the 2 as well. i would like to hear what you guys say about it as well :)

Kaplan is cheaper, requires less class time, has less full practice tests (more online tests available), and is more geared toward independent study.

Princeton is more expensive, requires more class time, has more practice tests, and is geared toward those who benefit by learning from others.

I'm lazy and so I took Princeton.

Kaplan's got more questions than anyone, that's for sure. When I took it they had 11 full length tests of their own, plus the AAMC stuff. They are also giving $100 off in September, if that changes your mind at all...

I would suggest Kaplan. They have a decent classroom prep but what really makes the difference is the Q-Bank questions with the excellent Full-Length tests that allow you to really get the most out of your MCAT strategy. And yes, there is some strategy invloved in taking the exam that will help with finishing the exam on time and with less stress.

Their online tools are very helpful, too. If you finish all the recommeded and required tasks, you should be able to kill the MCAT (according your your respective abilities, of course).