TPR vs EK FLs: Science Passages length compared to the real thing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bottle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently took TPR and EK FLs and noticed huge difference in terms of science passage length (P/C, B/B) between them. TPR present you with ridiculously long science passage, whereas EK provide you 2-3 paragraphs maximum and couple of figures.

I'm hoping someone who took the real thing share their experience. Which FL was more accurate in terms of science passage length? I was really pleased with EK passage length, but I don't want to be surprised with long passages in the real thing.

Members don't see this ad.

the aamc pasages tend to vary, but on average they will be closer to the EK and NS exams in terms of length. On my real test in summer 2015 i had about 6 passages (out of 30) with only text, no figures so long passages will show up.

Both are good for you, but if I had to choose, I would say the shorter passages better reflect the new exam, and figures are better too, at least to get practice working on them. Go with EK of NS for the most "realistic" exam format, AFTER you have purchased all the AAMC stuff.

Reactions: 1 user
You get a mix but I'd say EK is more representative overall but I did have a couple TPR style but I'd say EK is 80% TPR 20%