TPR workbook difference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medgrant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there much of a difference between the 2015 The Princeton Review science and verbal workbooks and the older versions?

Just curious to see if all they did was change around a few things and call it "different."

Members don't see this ad.

The writing section was removed for obvious purposes. I believe the science CARS passages were removed, as the new CARS passages are not science-based (since the science sections are now filled with passages).

I looked up the new edition on Amazon and compared the table of contents to my book (the older edition). It looks like PR's strategies haven't changed for the new exam. Critical analysis is critical analysis.

Like I said before, the vast majority of the questions are most likely the same since the 90s or whenever the first TPR science workbook was published. Companies like to keep the old material, rearrange it, and call it new.

Reactions: 1 user
The writing section was removed for obvious purposes. I believe the science CARS passages were removed, as the new CARS passages are not science-based (since the science sections are now filled with passages).

I looked up the new edition on Amazon and compared the table of contents to my book (the older edition). It looks like PR's strategies haven't changed for the new exam. Critical analysis is critical analysis.

Are you referring to the material set or the workbooks?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there much of a difference between the 2015 The Princeton Review science and verbal workbooks and the older versions?

Just curious to see if all they did was change around a few things and call it "different."

CARS: They removed the science-ish passages, re-arranged passages (so that there are 4 tests at the end each containing 9 passages instead of 7)
Science: They removed some questions, but added a new section for psyc/cars.

No major differences.

Reactions: 1 user