TPRSW physics just "hidden discretes?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csx

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard one guy say that TPRSW physics is mostly discrete questions disguised as passages. I just started but i can see what they are saying...does this trend continue in the book?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There's a lot of discretes but also conceptual/passage-based questions. I don't think the abundance of discretes is a bad thing...

There's a lot of discretes but also conceptual/passage-based questions. I don't think the abundance of discretes is a bad thing...
no no im not talking about the discretes. i mean as in there is a passage associated with the questions however you can answer the questions without the passage so theyre like discretes in disguise.

I heard one guy say that TPRSW physics is mostly discrete questions disguised as passages. I just started but i can see what they are saying...does this trend continue in the book?

Yes, but I've yet to come across passages from any source (AAMC included) that don't do this.

On the AAMC FLs, lots of the questions can be answered without the passage.

I felt especially on the AAMC SA, I could do almost 50% of the questions without ever reading the passage.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I definitely felt this way about TPRHSW, however, it is great practice for seeing where you are weak content wise because there are not a ton of passages!

no no im not talking about the discretes. i mean as in there is a passage associated with the questions however you can answer the questions without the passage so theyre like discretes in disguise.

Oh yeah, that's what I meant too. Within each passage there are both conceptual/passage-based and discretes, I think TPRH has a decent balance. Even on AAMCs there are many questions you can do just by glancing for numbers and values throughout the passage.

Reactions: 1 user
any tips on how to approach the PS passages most efficiently? struggling to get the right ratio between skimming and feeling comfortable that I'm not missing anything in the passages