Transcript Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrisdar08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there. I was wondering if ya'll would perhaps know what the schools think of a W on a transcript. I am taking this business class right now that I have no use for after I switched my majors. It is a complete waste of time for me, time that could be used studying for other classes and i am thinking about dropping it but it appears as a W on my transcript. What do you think? Should i drop it?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there. I was wondering if ya'll would perhaps know what the schools think of a W on a transcript. I am taking this business class right now that I have no use for after I switched my majors. It is a complete waste of time for me, time that could be used studying for other classes and i am thinking about dropping it but it appears as a W on my transcript. What do you think? Should i drop it?
One "W" might not be a big deal, but you might be prepared to explain yourself in an interview. Dropping the class will bring you from how many hours to how many hours? An admissions committee might not consider your concerns valid.

You might think some more about whether or not it is really a waste of time. There is a business side to optometry, and many admissions committees will view a business class as an asset to your application.

i had 4 going into interviews, no questions asked

Members don't see this ad :)
W's aren't a big deal usually, unless you have an unusal amount of them. Those WF (withdrawl/failing) are usually more of concern, but not all schools have them, and it depends on the class it was in/if you retook it and how you did in the class. Otherwise, I think the majority of people have at least one W on their transcript

Most of the time withdrawals are not that big of a deal especially if it's not one of the pre-requisites or a science course. However, I agree with previous comment that business class would not be a waste of time because optometry does have a huge business aspect to it! Plus, the semester is almost over. Why not just complete it?