Transferring after intern year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We're all getting ready to sign our contracts and get ready for the next year, it's just so painful to think that I'm going to be without my husband for another year. To top it all off, my chief resident, who was like a sister to me, is graduating to go on to fellowship.

I just don't know if I have the courage to move on to next year without the support system in place and 2nd year is very difficult in my program as we do 2 months of Night float and handle the Consult service (which is very busy).

Hang in there mate. Had a few residents my intern year with similar struggles. They started psychotherapy and it really helped them get a handle on themselves. It seems your husband is not willing to move as that would be the easiest solution here. Again, branch out in activities in your program. Now is the time. Second year can be rough and night float is no fun. Remember you worked your whole life to be in this position. Just make sure you give your 100% efforts to finish it strong. I just feel those who drop out live with regret. Not always but those I have known just wish they had not made that decision. All the best.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
We're all getting ready to sign our contracts and get ready for the next year, it's just so painful to think that I'm going to be without my husband for another year. To top it all off, my chief resident, who was like a sister to me, is graduating to go on to fellowship.

I just don't know if I have the courage to move on to next year without the support system in place and 2nd year is very difficult in my program as we do 2 months of Night float and handle the Consult service (which is very busy).

You're in a tough spot, no question. Whoever you are, I'm rooting for you.