Treating bus. related Math as science classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shingshing

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
;) Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I have questions regarding how to treat some business classes as science classes. My undergraduate was business. One of the courses is Metrics and Statistics, but it is under Econ. So the title of the course is like Econ XXX and it was offered by the Econ department. I am wondering if this course can be treated as a science course even though it is not offerred by a science department. I know that a Statistic class can be treat as science under Math.
I also have a class called Business Statistics, which is named BUS XXX, and offered by the business department. Could this be count as a science class as well? Is there a max. for counting science units? I have like more than 50.
Anyone knows? Thanks for sharing your thought!

Members don't see this ad.

Im a bus/econ major and we too had a stats class under the econ dept. I dont believe it can be classified as a science, and aadsas makes the decision in the end on what classes count towards which GPAs (science, bcp...)

nothen2do said:
Im a bus/econ major and we too had a stats class under the econ dept. I dont believe it can be classified as a science, and aadsas makes the decision in the end on what classes count towards which GPAs (science, bcp...)
Do we need to calculate our science GPA ourselves when we submit our application online or will the online system calculate that for us automatically?

Members don't see this ad :)
automatic, the past cycle you needed to match each course with a course code that aadsas provided, but Ive been told this cycle they are dropping that and just having you put the exact names of the courses

I'm also a business major. Actually how it gets classified depends on you:
I had a bus. statistics course and it was BUSXXX. I also applied twice (end of Dec. first year... too late to get in and the second time I applied, I applied in early June... fortunately got in).

The first time I applied, I typed in BUSXXX and called it statistics. On my AADSAS sheet it was counted under science (because of math)

The second time I applied, I typed in BUSXXX (SAME class as above) and called it business (I forgot to classify it as stats). On my AADSAS sheet it was NOT counted under science.

Hope this helps.

wimmcs said:
I'm also a business major. Actually how it gets classified depends on you:
I had a bus. statistics course and it was BUSXXX. I also applied twice (end of Dec. first year... too late to get in and the second time I applied, I applied in early June... fortunately got in).

The first time I applied, I typed in BUSXXX and called it statistics. On my AADSAS sheet it was counted under science (because of math)

The second time I applied, I typed in BUSXXX (SAME class as above) and called it business (I forgot to classify it as stats). On my AADSAS sheet it was NOT counted under science.

Hope this helps.
I am glad to hear that! I got a good grade on this class and was hoping I can add it to my science gpa.

nothen2do said:
automatic, the past cycle you needed to match each course with a course code that aadsas provided, but Ive been told this cycle they are dropping that and just having you put the exact names of the courses
So if it is automatic, how do they classify our science classes? What do they base on? Does the system look at the description of the class?

Yeah, its hard to find "easy" classes that classify as science GPA. During my undergrad coursework, I took two "easy" but really educational and fun "science" classes. One of them was " CHEM-250-The Chemistry of Beer" which involved learning about the fermentation process, brewing process, and of course our lab met at the local pub!! :laugh:

well in this new application cycle how can u count classes like that under science gpa? and how does aadsas automatically "figure out" which ones go under science, w/o a description of what the class entails? :confused: