**Trolling & Other Pre-Allo Issues**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EvoDevo

Forging a Different Path
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
All:

For the past few weeks I've been keeping a low moderator profile. I've done this so that people may feel free to discuss any and all issues related to the application process within pre-allo (PA).

However, though most of you seem to realize this, a few of you seem to not have gotten the memo. So here it is:

-PA is for discussion of topics of (and about) the application process, issues related to medicine, etc.

-PA is not for discussion of (most) political topics, sexually explicit topics, computers, the MCAT (how to prepare, etc. questions), flamewars, harrassment, and the like. That is why we have specific sub-forums for everyone's use.

If you wish to be really silly, feel free to visit the Lounge.

If you wish to get into a vigorous back-and-forth about the latest political fracas, feel free to visit the Everyone forum.
---------------------------

Regarding Trolls & Trolling

This behavior will NOT be permitted in pre-allo. This applies both to new trolls and old, as well as older members of the SDN community.

This forum is not for the entertainment of a bored few. Rather it is here to serve as an information clearinghouse for folks applying to med school.

Forthwith, first instances of true trolling (not general jerkiness) will result in a warning. Failure to heed said warning will result in an automatic post-hold, no exceptions. If I catch you doing it again, you'll be put on probation. If you keep it up I'm going to ban you. And if you're exceptionally worthless, I won't even wait until you get to third base. Let's keep this forum positive.

- If you have a major complaint with some aspect of my moderation, be grownup about it and drop me a PM. Starting a thread screaming about the unfairness of it all will NOT earn you a sympathetic hearing of your greivances. :thumbdown:

- Don't be a whining baby. If you don't like something that someone says, try and engage them positively and calmly before you come to the moderator. I'd like to point out the positive reaction to a troll in the Official Homo Pre-med thread as an outstanding example of this. Folks responded calmy and without screaming to patently negative and inflammatory comments from one poster. That's the way I want to see it handled here in this forum.

Finally, applying to medical school sux, no doubt about it. Let's not live up to this definition in the Urban Dictionary:

Urban Dictionary said:
Pre-Allo

adj. prone to rants, fighting, outbursts, and otherwise negative social interactions

Calm down. There's no need to go Pre-Allo on me.

Members don't see this ad.

Good job, Evo. 99.999% of trolls in pre-allo suck, anyways. :thumbup:

by the way, what's with these people and their sexual fantasies/issues? in the past few days there have been numerous threads of lewd content from new and old members alike.

Members don't see this ad :)
EVO DEVO,

Thanks for the post. I think this a good idea, because I'm getting sick of things like those are the PhD or MD people better posts by insecure people.

Or other such posts which have been irritating. Good job and keep it up.

It's too bad not every thread can be perfect like our Texas thread! ;)

Oh Evo...you know just what to say to make the pre-allo girls swoon... :love: