Trying to apply broadly and realistically, please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halcyonpage

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Using my stats, residence status, and interest in urban/multicultural cities, I spent the day with MSAR and came up with the list below. I think 17 schools is a bit low, so can you help me add some realistic schools and maybe remove some unrealistic ones?

My Stats/ECs:

3.645 cumulative/ 3.791 science/ 34 MCAT (11 phys, 11 vr, 12 bio)
BS in Neuroscience from University of Michigan
Female Asian-American

Research: 2 semesters in animal behavior lab; 2 years at bioinformatics start-up with 1 publication; 1 semester humanities research project
Volunteering: 100+ hours on neuro patient care units, 100+ hours in surg path lab
Leadership: Art teacher for a summer camp for 3 summers, worked as a tutor at Kumon for 1 year, and did a few training seminars for new employees at the bioinformatics start-up
Shadowing: Three single-episode sessions in college (total 12 hrs); recently ~40 hrs with a gen. surgeon and ~20 hrs with internist, and hopefully continue to shadow for a few more months
Work: Not counting when I got paid for the research... 3 months CNA in memory care, 9 months CNA in hospice
Residency: Michigan
Other notable EC: 3 semesters in Film Production club (helped make 3-4 short films that were showcased)

Reach Schools:

University of Michigan (Forever Go Blue... maybe)
Emory
Wayne State
USC-Keck (LA dreams)
University of Colorado (May be chance-y since they take 60% in-state, but it would be cool)
Tufts
Texas A&M
Texas Tech

"Realistic"/Safety (I'm having a hard time drawing the line between these categories):

Temple
George Washington
University of Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Drexel
Central Michigan University
Rosalind Franklin
Albany
Michigan State

Thanks much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: