Tufts c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flotus

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone!
I haven't seen this thread yet and I wanted to start it.

I'm a 1st time OOS applicant, and even though it is is expensive...I've totally fallen in love with it.

Good luck everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

hi all! i'm a current second year at tufts. i'm not on this site super often anymore, but feel free to tag me or reach out if you have any questions about the school, life in central mass, things like that. my focus is largely in the wildlife realm, but i have some friends involved in different areas as well.

good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
I’m a 3rd year interested in mixed animal. Happy to answer any questions :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
to round it out, i'm a 4th year interested in neurology! happy to answer questions about classes, things to do in the area, clinics, and whatever else you can think of :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi Everyone! This is my 4th application cycle and first time applying for Tufts. The Summer panel series discussions over Zoom were amazingly helpful, if you haven't seen them look the recordings up on their website. :)

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone applying to tufts going to the open house? I’m from Ky and don’t know if I should make the trip or save my money. Any thoughts on this?

Hey all! Just confirming that people haven't yet received the link to pay the application fee for Tufts yet :) I know on VMCAS it says they'll send it within a week of the 9/15 application deadline, but I think in years past they sent it out pretty soon after that deadline so I just wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all!
Hopefully we all get to be classmates! I live close to Tufts and have finally applied after working in the industry for 15 years and being unable to afford to take a break from work in order to go to vet school while my kids were young. I am 37 years old, have 3 kids, and already own a veterinary clinic but not the greatest GPA. I am so non-traditional its ridiculous. Just hoping they don't think I'm some old burnt out tech/practice manager looking for a change. I have been working towards this my whole life!

Reactions: 8 users
I just got the link to create my account and pay the supplemental. How exciting :)

Members don't see this ad :)
First time OOS interested in large animal and orthopedics! Does anyone know if the application portal will update statuses? All mine really says is "thank you for submitting, this portal will let you monitor the process". Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything! I've already paid the supplemental fee.

First time OOS interested in large animal and orthopedics! Does anyone know if the application portal will update statuses? All mine really says is "thank you for submitting, this portal will let you monitor the process". Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything! I've already paid the supplemental fee.
Mine is the same right now! Also wondering what it will look when/if it updates.

Reactions: 1 user
yep the portal will change and update statuses! at least it did a couple years ago.

Hey y’all, did everyone get the financial aid notification?

Reactions: 7 users
Hi all!
Hopefully we all get to be classmates! I live close to Tufts and have finally applied after working in the industry for 15 years and being unable to afford to take a break from work in order to go to vet school while my kids were young. I am 37 years old, have 3 kids, and already own a veterinary clinic but not the greatest GPA. I am so non-traditional its ridiculous. Just hoping they don't think I'm some old burnt out tech/practice manager looking for a change. I have been working towards this my whole life!
Well, in my opinion, your experience stands out more than anyone's I've ever read on here. If it were up to me I'd give you a chance. Rooting for you, stranger :)

Hi all!
hey, as a 30 year old second-year student that applied and got in with a meh gpa, and with many friends here in their later 30s and some in their 40s — i don’t think they’ll see you as an old burnt out tech/practice manager. tufts likes having non-traditional students on board, and admissions seems to love a good backstory

Last edited:
Hi all!
I don't think they'll view that as negative at all- in fact I think they'll view it in a much more positive light! My vet who has helped my family for years and who I gained experience with had an entirely different career for a while prior to considering vet school- but she said that admissions told her she stood out as a potential leader thanks to her experience and it really helped her out. I think having a high volume of both technician skills and practice management experience will seriously benefit you! I hope you get accepted!!!

Y’all that email almost made my heart drop! I couldn’t take another rejection right now. So glad it was just an update lol

Reactions: 7 users
Someone on reddit said they got an interview invite, has anyone else?

Shut uppppp! I wish ;(

Me too! I havent heard of anyone else hearing back from them. The user also recently posted in an MIT subreddit about admissions so they may be talking about undergrad? It was in the vet school sub so who knows.

Me too! I havent heard of anyone else hearing back from them. The user also recently posted in an MIT subreddit about admissions so they may be talking about undergrad? It was in the vet school sub so who knows.
I do know most of their interview invites go out after the new year (I’m pretty sure)! I know in the past they sent out a select few mid December but the rest went out later.

I do know most of their interview invites go out after the new year (I’m pretty sure)! I know in the past they sent out a select few mid December but the rest went out later.

UPDATE: they were indeed an undergrad student commenting in the vet school sub

Reactions: 3 users
OOS interview invite today!

did they email you or update your portal or call you? was it an early thing or something? I thought most go out after new years?

OOS interview invite today!
are you sure it was for the vet school? in the email Tufts just sent, they said "The December 16 financial aid deadline occurs before interview and admission offers will be made."

are you sure it was for the vet school? in the email Tufts just sent, they said "The December 16 financial aid deadline occurs before interview and admission offers will be made."
Yes my interview is a few days after the financial aid deadline :)

Yes my interview is a few days after the financial aid deadline :)
Congrats!! I got an email reminding me about the financial aid deadline today but nothing regarding an interview. Are you IS or OOS?

Congrats! They have 1 interview day December 19 so they said there will be some invites sent out for that interview and then the rest are in January and February

Would you share your cum and science GPA? :)

-
**and did you already complete your financial aid?
Both were a 4.0 and I did send my fafsa but haven’t finished the rest of the financial aid stuff

• Care
Both were a 4.0 and I did send my fafsa but haven’t finished the rest of the financial aid stuff
That's fantastic, congrats!! Best of luck on your interview :)

Don't get stressed if you don't hear from Tufts in December about interviews/acceptances since a really small number of people are invited during this time period for the first interview dates. Most applicants do not hear about interviews until Jan/Feb and for these interview dates you hear about application results in Feb. I didn't get an email from tufts until New years eve about my interview in Jan and found out about my acceptance on Feb 26th.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Don't get stressed if you don't hear from Tufts in December about interviews/acceptances since a really small number of people are invited during this time period for the first interview dates. Most applicants do not hear about interviews until Jan/Feb and for these interview dates you hear about application results in Feb. I didn't get an email from tufts until New years eve about my interview in Jan and found out about my acceptance on Feb 26th.
just seconding this! i didn’t get an interview invite until january 19th, and was accepted feb 22nd.

Reactions: 4 users
For the financial aid documents due this week, we have to fill out FAFSA, input our social security, and apply for any scholarships from the schools correct? Am I missing anything?
Correct, don’t forget you have to upload your W2s and tax documents

I haven’t heard anything yet. Do you know when they’ll notify us?