Tufts c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS acceptance! literally crying rn

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if the acceptances were all updated at once or if they’re being released in waves?

Members don't see this ad :)
Current V26 at Tufts. Last year acceptances all came out one day and I think a week later waitlists and rejections. Also I got off the waitlist but they don’t give ranks so there is no way of knowing how many people get off and depends on how many people initially accept their seat as to when they start using the waitlist. For reference I got pulled off in the beginning of July.

Reactions: 3 users
so if we did not get an email today does that mean we were rejected?

Reactions: 2 users
so if we did not get an email today does that mean we were rejected?
This is my question. I only saw OOS acceptances. So all the IS are still waiting, regardless if we got in or not?

Anyone hear anything about waitlist/rejections yet today? Last year it seemed to be released earlier in the day after the acceptances were released so I’m a bit unsure if they’ll still come out today since they haven’t already?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear anything about waitlist/rejections yet today? Last year it seemed to be released earlier in the day after the acceptances were released so I’m a bit unsure if they’ll still come out today since they haven’t already?
I called today. They said they had more acceptances to hand out until tomorrow.

Hey everyone! My interviewer personally emailed me today to congratulate me on my acceptance and compliment me on my interview. Is this something that anyone else has experienced? Either with tufts or another school?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! My interviewer personally emailed me today to congratulate me on my acceptance and compliment me on my interview. Is this something that anyone else has experienced? Either with tufts or another school?
I wanted to ask the same thing. First time I've experienced it (also my first application cycle). It was really touching and encouraging to have one of my interviewers reach out and welcome me to the class.

I wanted to ask the same thing. First time I've experienced it (also my first application cycle). It was really touching and encouraging to have one of my interviewers reach out and welcome me to the class.
I feel the same way! Definitely makes me feel welcome :) do you mind sharing who your interviewer was that reached out?, It could be just one person being extra kind!

Did they send any waitlists or rejections today? Still haven't gotten an email :(

OOS alternate. I got the email like at 5:30am PST.
Since I didn’t receive an email last week, I had set myself up for a rejection, but the alternate offer is kind of worse because it still gives me hope… if that makes sense.
I looked online and saw that there have been times that alternates were advised of their acceptance to Tufts up to a week before school started!
My sister is a veterinarian. She went to Colorado State and she said she remembered someone went to orientation and when they “found out” how much CSU was going to cost, they backed out of attending. Alternates were contacted and a student showed up but my sister said it sucked for him because he missed out on participating in the orientation, which she said was a lot of fun because you get to meet fellow students, and the alternate was also seated at the end of their study cubes. The study cubes is an area the students are given to study and everyone is seated in alphabetical order. The alternate was a last minute add-on so he was seated at the very end.
Of course, it was awesome to be accepted, but I can just imagine how stressful it was for this student who scrambled together everything so they could make it before the first day of class.
Just don’t understand how the student who gave up their seat didn’t realize the cost of vet school until they went to orientation.
I’m sure everyone has heard a crazy story.

OOS alternate. I got the email like at 5:30am PST.
Since I didn’t receive an email last week, I had set myself up for a rejection, but the alternate offer is kind of worse because it still gives me hope… if that makes sense.
I looked online and saw that there have been times that alternates were advised of their acceptance to Tufts up to a week before school started!
My sister is a veterinarian. She went to Colorado State and she said she remembered someone went to orientation and when they “found out” how much CSU was going to cost, they backed out of attending. Alternates were contacted and a student showed up but my sister said it sucked for him because he missed out on participating in the orientation, which she said was a lot of fun because you get to meet fellow students, and the alternate was also seated at the end of their study cubes. The study cubes is an area the students are given to study and everyone is seated in alphabetical order. The alternate was a last minute add-on so he was seated at the very end.
Of course, it was awesome to be accepted, but I can just imagine how stressful it was for this student who scrambled together everything so they could make it before the first day of class.
Just don’t understand how the student who gave up their seat didn’t realize the cost of vet school until they went to orientation.
I’m sure everyone has heard a crazy story.
So true!

Also weird, I never got an email but my portals updated and everything, I wonder why some people got emails and some didn’t?

I was talking with my family and I knew my interview had not gone well.
I had my Zoom call on "gallery", so I could see both interviewers, but I don't think they knew I could see them both. As I was speaking, I could see one of my interviewers looking out the window the whole time I was speaking...
I found myself looking at him as I was speaking, waiting to see if he found anything I said interesting.
It was pretty demoralizing to see.
I don't know if others had this experience.

I had my Zoom call on "gallery", so I could see both interviewers, but I don't think they knew I could see them both. As I was speaking, I could see one of my interviewers looking out the window the whole time I was speaking...
I found myself looking at him as I was speaking, waiting to see if he found anything I said interesting.

I definitely didn’t enjoy my Tufts interview compared to other schools I interviewed at…it didn’t flow like a conversation, and I felt like I was just having questions thrown at me. I had very little questions that piggy backed off my previous answers. One of my interviewers didn’t seem too engaging either, and at the end of it, I didn’t think I did that great and said best case scenario would be a waitlist. I guess I manifested that lol

I definitely didn’t enjoy my Tufts interview compared to other schools I interviewed at…it didn’t flow like a conversation, and I felt like I was just having questions thrown at me. I had very little questions that piggy backed off my previous answers. One of my interviewers didn’t seem too engaging either, and at the end of it, I didn’t think I did that great and said best case scenario would be a waitlist. I guess I manifested that lol
Ugh… I feel the same way!
I interviewed with Minnesota. I was one of the first to be interviewed and the interviewers read off a list they had but they still tried to make sure it felt like a relaxed conversation. They were super nice and engaged and laughed at all my jokes…lol.
And then I got a call from them that I was accepted.
Makes me feel like our interviews were good indicators as to whether we were accepted or not.

Got an email today as an alternate about applying to the DVM/MPH program in case a spot opens up in DVM and DVM/MPH. I’m confused as to why they do this, because wouldn’t they rather fill that spot with someone who was initially accepted into the DVM program and applied to DVM/MPH but was rejected? Did all alternates get the email?

I haven’t applied to the DVM/MPH program but I got an email asking me to apply…did anyone else get that?

Also, do we know if we have to RSVP if we DO NOT plan to attend visit days virtually or in person?

Got an email today as an alternate about applying to the DVM/MPH program in case a spot opens up in DVM and DVM/MPH. I’m confused as to why they do this, because wouldn’t they rather fill that spot with someone who was initially accepted into the DVM program and applied to DVM/MPH but was rejected? Did all alternates get the email?
I got the same email.
I don’t understand either.

Is anyone going to the admitted applicants day and do you know where we’re meeting at?

For those going to admitted applicants day, are you bringing guests (specifically parents)? My parents want to come but I’m not sure they’ll get much out of it based on the schedule.

For those going to admitted applicants day, are you bringing guests (specifically parents)? My parents want to come but I’m not sure they’ll get much out of it based on the schedule.
i’m bringing my mom

Hey what did everyone think of the in-person admitted students day?

How have the faculty mentors helped current students when the student started at Tufts? What does the faculty mentor do that is different from other resources at Tufts?

How have the faculty mentors helped current students when the student started at Tufts? What does the faculty mentor do that is different from other resources at Tufts?
i’m not sure about faculty mentors, unless they’ve changed the title, but i had a faculty advisor first year. he was super nice! basically they just meet with a group of students to answer any questions you may have about school or career. they usually buy you lunch and ask you how school is going etc. my group had random, differing interests and even though my faculty advisor was among the nicest professors at tufts, my group didn’t do too much. some groups went like, apple picking. my roommate’s advisor took them bowling etc. i think their role is mostly to create connections and help with the adjustment.

when it comes to career advisement, i lean more heavily on a different faculty member, the career counselor, and a mentor back home.

Looks like the DVM/MPH decisions are out! Did anyone get rejected or did they either accept or just waitlist? I got waitlisted (which I knew I would be since I’m waitlisted for DVM as well), but I’m just curious if they would’ve rejected me if they felt I didn’t fit the program or if they waitlisted everyone?

Just declined my seat I hope someone hears back soon!

just declined my oos, good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

whoa, that's sad to hear about - which professor was this?

they did with me too, it was so kind and thoughtful and surprising! :) I wonder if we had the same interviewer :)

Anyone know yet if they will be going to the waitlist at all this year?