Tufts- what about us average applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silas2642

silas2642
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So has anyone been granted an interview yet who has mediocre stats, i.e. 3.6 gpa and 30P? Just curious. I noticed the two people who posted interviews on sdn are like "walk on water" candidates. Oh yeah, and do they send out invites to interview on a continual basis or in batches?

Members don't see this ad.

silas2642 said:
So has anyone been granted an interview yet who has mediocre stats, i.e. 3.6 gpa and 30P? Just curious. I noticed the two people who posted interviews on sdn are like "walk on water" candidates. Oh yeah, and do they send out invites to interview on a continual basis or in batches?

those are not mediocre stats. You are above the average, statistically speaking. I have no clue if you'll get an interview at Tufts but you are better off than most candidates.

SDN really screws with ya. It seems like the better statistically you are, the more likely you are to post on here and show off your excellent numbers.

silas2642 said:

Hey Silas, I would not at all lose hope on Tufts. Its still really early and their first interview date for students is not until mid-late October. I actually was fortunate enough to receive an interview for Tufts, which I am really excited about. They interview quite a few people (over 800) all the way until late April so don't worry it will come. Believe me in no way am I a "walk on water" candidate although I did win three olympic medals in swimmng at the 2004 games in Athens. Being serious though I am fairly close to those stats you rambled off, so they must have liked other things in my application as well. Not sure about if they send the invites in batches, but it does come in the mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rebs said:
Hey Silas, I would not at all lose hope on Tufts. Its still really early and their first interview date for students is not until mid-late October. I actually was fortunate enough to receive an interview for Tufts, which I am really excited about. They interview quite a few people (over 800) all the way until late April so don't worry it will come. Believe me in no way am I a "walk on water" candidate although I did win three olympic medals in swimmng at the 2004 games in Athens. Being serious though I am fairly close to those stats you rambled off, so they must have liked other things in my application as well. Not sure about if they send the invites in batches, but it does come in the mail.

huh? 3 gold medals? and you say that they "must have liked other things on my application". that is an understatement. What did you win your medals in?

Hey,
I am actually a fourth year at Tufts. I can say that 3.5 and 30 is considered very competitive and would most certainly get your application looked at. I do admit it can be worrisome, but Tufts extends interviews up till Feb. You still have alot of time. If you have any questions, please free to email me.

thegenius said:
huh? 3 gold medals? and you say that they "must have liked other things on my application". that is an understatement. What did you win your medals in?

It was a joke, I was trying to reference that although I couldn't walk on water I could still have some supranormal capabilty in the water. In reality I probably couldn't even swim the length of a pool. Sorry..no medals, no glory.

Izlude_Tingel said:
Hey,
I am actually a fourth year at Tufts. I can say that 3.5 and 30 is considered very competitive and would most certainly get your application looked at. I do admit it can be worrisome, but Tufts extends interviews up till Feb. You still have alot of time. If you have any questions, please free to email me.

Which school would you consider more competitive in terms of admission? BU or Tufts?

Thanks!
Anna Marie

Hey,
I really think they are both about the same in regards to reputation. They both happen to be the two most expensive med schools in the country...not sure why. Anywho, I myself never got an interview to BU a few years ago. I know people in my class who got interviews for both and some only for Tufts. I also know some BU peeps who never got an interview for Tufts, etc. Honestly, I think it is hard to say if you get an interview for one, that you would for the other. In terms of overall rep, I really think they are about the same. They are also less then a mile or so from each other anyways.

annamarie said:
Which school would you consider more competitive in terms of admission? BU or Tufts?

Thanks!
Anna Marie

Rebs said:

Rebs.. when were you complete at Tufts?