Tuition - Europe vs Caribbean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trader56

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Without being an exhaustive list, can anyone give me a general feel for tuition at European med schools?

I'm just trying to get a rough idea so as to compare them to Caribbean schools.

Yes, I know there are MANY other factors to consider when making comparisons, but for now would just like to get a bit of a feel for this one factor.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hey trader,

I can tell you that most UK schools are about 30K a year US on average. Some are a little higher. One in Ireland is 50K US per year. The majority of these schools are 5 year as well so you add an extra year onto your tuition.

As for cost of living, i would assume it is higher in UK/IRELAND as your dollar is worth less. So every euro you spend in Ireland is about 1.25 US dollars. I believe its even more in UK. Add the higher general cost of living and a dismal exchange rate and i think europe is probably a bit more expensive.

Trader56 said:
Without being an exhaustive list, can anyone give me a general feel for tuition at European med schools?

Yes, I know there are MANY other factors to consider when making comparisons, but for now would just like to get a bit of a feel for this one factor.

Thanks!

Very roughly (please feel free to post corrections) from most expensive to least expensive in US dollar terms using current exchange rates:

• RCSI: Tuition: 34,000 Euro per year ~ 41,200 US$ per year; Living expenses: $12,000 per year living expenses; program length minimum of 5 years = $266,000 for 5 year program
  • SGU: roughly $55,000 per year all inclusive per year, 4 years = $220,000
  • Ross: $209,560 for four years.
  • AUC -- I'm assuming it is comparable to Ross, as I don't have figures for living expenses.
  • Other Irish schools: Tuition 23,000 Euro per year ~ 27,900 US$ per year, $12,000 per year living expenses, minimum of 5 years = $199,500 for 5 year program)
  • Saba: A little bit cheaper than the above. Feel free to calculate according to their webpage.
  • Czech, Hungarian English language programs; roughly $20,000 per year for 6 years for a total of $120,000.
  • KMU, Poznan lists about $25,000 per year for four year program; about $100,000.

Trader56 said:

Thanks!

Asia is cheapest. Less than $9,000/year in the Philippines, and that includes living expenses!