Turn-around time from interview to Acceptance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcguthrie7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas about the turn-around time to get acceptances/rejections after interviews? I have three interviews so far and one of my schools only gives you two weeks to accept their invitation, and I just am hoping I have time to attend the others if granted acceptance. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools say 2-4 weeks. Others will tell you the specific day - for instance MUCOM says "next thursday we will tell you."

Now I got an acceptance from a school that said 3-4 weeks and they told me in 5 days, so it is kind of random...

That is strange that they only give you 2 weeks... are you sure about that? I was under the impression that all schools have to give you until the end of December if they offer an acceptance before November 15th or something. I usually dont do this, but @Goro would you be able to comment on that?

Yes touro CA gives you two weeks, I am positive of that, and they are my first interview! Nova says 4 weeks, most schools have these requirements I believe!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes touro CA gives you two weeks, I am positive of that, and they are my first interview! Nova says 4 weeks, most schools have these requirements I believe!
Yea but I thought they only applied specifically after November 15th (or whatever date around then). Like if you get an acceptance in January then yea you have to tell them quick, but for early people, I thought it did not apply, I was under the impression that because it is the beginning of the season still, that they give a date that is roughly around Christmas that you would have to pick by - because they are aware that you may be interviewing all over the place early on.

Last edited:
oh I will check that out, thanks. I realized when looking at UNE on the aacom info book (since I just got an ii) it says 4 weeks after November, I will look on the info book.

Just checked, Touro gives 2 weeks from notification of acceptance. That's a bummer. My interviews are all relatively close together, within 3 weeks of eachother, so we'll see!

Oh dang... well good luck then. Thats definitely a pickle to be in. Hopefully you have some money for multiple deposits or a lot of confidence that if you turn down a school that you will definitely get into another one.

Reactions: 1 user
Most schools say 2-4 weeks. Others will tell you the specific day - for instance MUCOM says "next thursday we will tell you."

Now I got an acceptance from a school that said 3-4 weeks and they told me in 5 days, so it is kind of random...

That is strange that they only give you 2 weeks... are you sure about that? I was under the impression that all schools have to give you until the end of December if they offer an acceptance before November 15th or something. I usually dont do this, but @Goro would you be able to comment on that?

Well they said Thursday/Friday, IF we get to your app in the first week.

Reactions: 1 user
It will vary from school to school, as will the size of deposit. Some schools ask a larger deposit because they want to make sure you're sincere in coming.

Congrats on the accept, Saucy! Can you share which school. If so, PM me.

4 days (including a weekend) at WVSOM. The group that interviewed the Monday before me found out the following afternoon.